Chapter 9: New Facts and No Quidditch

Michelle's POV
Michelle heard an ear-piercing scream come from somewhere in the forest. All of group 1 turned to face Hagrid, whose face was as pale as a piece of paper. "What was that?" asked Maria, whose face was also pale. "I-I think 't was eh s-student," answered Hagrid. Michelle felt something warm lick her hand and turned to face a cowering Fang. "Oh! Fang's back, Hagrid," said Michelle. Hagrid smile wearily at Fang and Michelle, then started towards where the scream was coming from. "If Dumbledore asks abou' this, tell'm somon though' they saws somethin'," whispered Hagrid with some colour restored to his face. Group 1 kept walking towards where the scream came from, until Pia bumped into something. "Oof, what was that?" the so called thing asked. Michelle thought it sounded awfully like Taylah. "Taylah?" asked Michelle. She squinted her eyes to try and make out a face, in fact, any face; it was awfully dark in the forest. "Yeah that's Taylah... Wait... Michelle?" asked Lavender's voice. "Ah, seems like we found yer, group two," said Hagrid. Michelle then realised, if they found group 2... Then who screamed? "Did any of you scream?" asked Michelle. "No, but we heard it," said Victoria. "Also, we can't seem to find Ira... Oh my gosh! Ira!" Lavender said. Everyone gasped and whispered until Hagrid cut them off. "Yer all can' look for yer friend... I'll go look, yer all should go to bed," said Hagrid. The girls smiled gratefully at Hagrid and waked off. The boys didn't know Ira so it didn't affect them as much. Everyone went back to their dorms to get some sleep. Michelle couldn't sleep, along with Taylah. "What if... What if Voldemort got her?" asked Taylah. Michelle still slightly shivered at the name, but it didn't bother her as much. "I don't think Voldemort would be in the Forbidden forest... Maybe some animal got her?" suggested Michelle. "No... I don't think so... What do you think'll happen to her? What if she's... You know... Dead?" asked Taylah. Michelle thought for a minute along with Taylah, Ira sure did have a chance of being dead, but they both knew better than to think that. "We'll talk about this with the others tomorrow. Goodnight, Taylah," said Michelle. "Goodnight,"

"She wouldn't be dead!" protested Pia. "Well, she does have a great chance of being dead..." thought Lavender out loud. "Watcha talkin bout, ladies?" asked two voices in sync. Maria shrugged as Taylah and Michelle giggled. "Maria, can you tell your boyfriends to go away?" joked Pia. "Yeah Fred, wait, boyfriend sss?" said George. "Go away!" said Victoria in an annoyed tone. "Fine, fine," the twins said as they left. "Maria, you really do have to control your boyfriends, they can't be with you all the time," joked Pia again. Michelle laughed with Taylah as she saw Maria roll her eyes. Michelle heard footsteps and turned around to see Demi running towards them. "Demi! We were waiting for you in the common room, where in the hell were you?!" asked Maria and Pia. "Did... You... Guys.... Know.... That.... Sabrina.... And.... Harry.... Can.... Both.... Speak.... Parselmouth?" panted Demi. The girls looked at one another in pure astonishment. "What's a Parselmouth?" asked Maria, not knowing what it was. "It's wizards who can speak to snakes," summarised Lavender, smiling rather proudly. "Also... Dumbledore wants.... Us.... In.... His office," said Demi. "Oh," said all the girls, wondering why Dumbledore would want to see them. "Well? Let's go!" said Pia as she got up.

The girls walked towards the entrance to Dumbledore's office nervously. Michelle looked at the statue in front of her, wondering how in the world is this the entrance to an office. "Ah, so you all made it," said a voice. The girls turned their heads to see Dumbledore, robes and all, standing next to them. "Well then, let us go," said Dumbledore. He then spoke the password and lead the girls into his office. He sat down at his desk, and the girls stood glued to the floor. "Well, then, you are all probably wondering why you are here, are you not?" asked Dumbledore kindly. "Yes, Professor Dumbledore," said the girls at once. "Very well, the first thing I want to speak to you is both bad and good news. Your friend, Ira, is being tended to by Madam Pomfrey in the hospital wing. Unfortunately, you cannot visit her as Madam Pomfrey is very strict about the care of her patients. Fortunately, Ira's wounds are not severe and she will be able to join you all again in a day or two," said Dumbledore. The girls sighed in relief, knowing that their friend is safe and she wasn't hurt too badly.

"Now, onto the second thing I was wishing to tell you all," said Dumbledore in a hushed tone. The girls looked at him curiously, wondering what he is going to tell them. Dumbledore paused, then continued. "You all have, for some reason, powerful magic only to which advanced wizards and witches would achieve," he said. The girls looked astounded at Dumbledore, processing this information through their brains. Michelle didn't see what was so special about them, either. "Professor Dumbledore... If I may ask... How is it possible? What magic do we possess?" asked Lavender. "Well, Lavender, we can discuss that now, if you wish. Who would like to go first?" asked Dumbledore, smiling widely. Lavender's hand shot up and Dumbledore nodded. "Lavender, ah, you are a metamorphmagus," said Dumbledore. Lavender gaped at Dumbledore, she could not believe her ears. "Um, Professor Dumbledore, what is a metamorphmagus?" asked Maria. "Good question, Maria. A metamorphmagus is very rarely found amongst wizards and witches. A metamorphmagus is a wizard or witch who can change their appearance at will. Normally, their hair would change colour depending on the mood they're in. Lavender can control her emotions well, so you may not be able to tell if her hair colour changed, even a little," said Dumbledore. Lavender smiles and asked, "Professor Dumbledore, how do I change into things? Is a wizard going to teach me? Are you going to teach me?". "Unfortunately, Lavender, I cannot teach you, but all of you will be taught by a wizard in time. Who wants to go next?" asked Dumbledore. Most of the girls' hands shot up. Dumbledore smiled. "Michelle, would you like to go next?" asked Dumbledore. Michelle nodded and smiled. "Ah, Michelle, you have veela blood running through you, did you know that?" Michelle shook her head. "Well, this isn't magic a wizard can learn. You know what a veela is, yes?" Michelle nodded again and smiled. "Very well. Unfortunately that is all the time I have. I will send an owl to the rest of you who do not know. On another unfortunate tone, you all are not aloud to try out for Quidditch. You see, it has an age limit and you all are to young. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. Good day to you all," said Dumbledore. A few disappointed groans escaped the girls as they walked down the hallways. They have skipped 2 classes, but they still had 2 more to go until they were aloud to go and talk about this.

Once it was time for dinner (I'm lazy, sorry for the quick time skip), the girls sat where they usually sat and talked over the chat they had with Dumbledore. Lavender and Michelle both talked happily about their cool abilities while the others groaned, tired of listening to their chat go on and on. Before they knew it, it was time to go back to their dormitories. Michelle walked with Taylah, chatting about what had happened. Once they were in bed, Michelle talked more about it to their dorm mates and Taylah groaned, having to listen to it again and again. 'Soon everyone would know what cool magic they possess and we can all talk about it' thought Michelle as she closed her eyes and slept, very excited for tomorrow to come.

Author's Note:
YAY! FINALLY A PRETTY GOOD CHAPTER!
Sorry for the quick time skills I was lazy and I had to go to bed
Lol!
Ok, hope u enjoyed it and thanks Butterflyincocoon for reminding me that first years did not try out for Quidditch!! 😂😅😅
Also, if I got any facts wrong, pls let me know.
And also it was hard to write Dumbledore's parts coz he speaks weirdly and idk how to write it.
Stay cool, ice creams
~ ice cream author🍦