20- T is for Tanya's

"Taylor, do you take Ed to be your lawful wedded husband?"

I smile softly up at Ed's angelic face, tears blurring my vision, but I can still make out each freckle across his nose, every crease on his forehead, even the tiny scar underneath his eye that leaves a little red patch on his pale skin.

"I do."

"Ed, do you take Taylor as your lawful wedded wife?"

"Of course I do," Ed replies, his lips stretched into a dazzling smile. I feel shaky as I breathlessly stare at his handsome face, gazing into his sparkling sapphire eyes.

"You may now kiss the bride."

We'll be married the moment our lips touch. I softly brush my lips against his, and then everything is suddenly more violent and passionate and serious. I feel the zap of electricity in my bones, the shooting static I've never overcome, and recognize the sadness bolting through my veins as he pulls away. And then I realize... We're married. I nearly dance and cheer with enjoy, overwhelmed with the fantastic happiness twirling around me, but instead I settle for letting Ed cradle me close, his lips pressed to the top of my hair. He's incredible. He's flawless. He's my everything. And he's finally mine.

When my vision becomes blurry tears brim in my eyes as I realize it was only a dream. That same dream I always seem to have, where Ed and I are married at last, our hearts pieced together as one perfect whole. And as usual I wake up sobbing because I so want our marriage to be real.

But this time, excitement floods my body as I realize... We really are engaged, and we're going to be married soon. We'll have to start organising the wedding soon. We'll have to do it all soon.

I brush away my tears slowly as the body beside me begins to wriggle around and gradually sits up. Ed smiles at me in his 'pyjama' t-shirt and cargo trousers, his hair wildly messed up. I stifle a giggle and ruffle his ginger hair, grinning at him, but he sees a tear glimmering on my cheek and his smile immediately fades.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I had a fantastic dream," I choke out, resting my head on his shoulder thoughtfully. He chuckles and raises his eyebrows at me.

"A fantastic dream? I need more of an explanation," Ed points out with a husky laugh.

"Well..." I say shyly. "We were getting married and we had this spectacular wedding and it was absolutely flawless and I so want it to be real."

This time, Ed's laughter rings in my ears and bounces off the walls.

"Taylor, don't be silly. We're engaged. That wedding is actually going to happen!"

"I know," I whisper dreamily before pecking his cheek lightly. "That's why some of my tears are happy tears."

"Then wipe away the sad ones and smile," Ed murmurs as he brushes the tears off my face. "What do you want at this wedding?"

I glance at him thoughtfully, wondering what to say, ideas bursting like fireworks in my mind. I imagine bright beautiful roses and a long frilly white dress and Ed in a fancy black tuxedo... I don't even know what I want.

"I don't know."

"You know what I'd like?"

"No, what?"

"I want a nice, traditional wedding. In a chapel somewhere lovely and quiet. Perhaps somewhere that has a personal meaning to us." I take in Ed's suggestions carefully, noting each idea, labelling the ones I like as 'good' in my head.

"That sounds nice," I agree, fluttering my eyelids shut dreamily. "But where?"

"I'm really sorry to be a pain. We don't have to go here..." Ed trails off and his breathing becomes heavy. "Maybe we could go to West Yorkshire, you know, I mean I was born there... And my parents were married in a nice little church there. It's really quite a personal place."