Chapter 9: Awkward Situtions

"Marcelle, calm your ass down. I'll be back next summer. Take care of yourself okay?"

She sobs on the phone. I can see her sobbing into it, snotting all over her face. On one hand I feel bad, but on the other, we both knew it was inevitable. But still, she cries like it's her life on the line if she doesn't get me to stay for another week.

"P-p...Please Kat... p-p-please stay!"

"Marcy. Pull yourself together, my flight is departing in 20 minutes, I have to get to the terminal."

"NO KAT! DON'T YOU DA-"

I pushed the 'fuck you' button and disconnected the call. I stuff my phone into my Prada purse and walk hurriedly in my heels (what else would I be wearing?). I make my way through bag check and to the terminal to see the entire place flooded with a shit ton of people.

There is only supposed to be 300 people max on the plane, including the flight attendants. There looks to be about 500 here.

So what the fuck are all these people doing here?

I walk over to the secretary behind a nearby desk, "This is the terminal for the flight from Dreux to Toronto right?"

"Yes ma'm."

"But I thought there were only supposed to be 26 people on this flight?"

"Unfortunately, due to weather, the last flight to New York was delayed. So we combined the flight to Toronto and the flight New York together, due to the massive amounts of empty seats on the Toronto flight."

Fuck.

I stomp away, looking for a place to sit, but find nowhere and stand. All the charger slots are being used, and my phone is on 2%. Fuck my life. I huff in irritation and sit on the ground.

This is going to be the worst flight ever. No phone, no food, no sex.

I take deep slow breaths and tell myself to calm down. I'm getting worked up over a dead phone. I rest my head on my knees and exhale.

"Katerina?"

My eyes snap open, and I shoot up like a rocket.

Are you FUCKING kidding me?

I look up and, just as I expected, there he is, Dimitri, in all his smug glory. Or injured glory. What the fuck happened to him?

"What ha-" I begin to ask, but then I realize, I really don't care.

"Section one may now begin boarding."

I leave him there, confused and broken. I walk to the little desk, hand the woman my ticket, and board the plane with all the other first class passengers.

I swear to GOD he has to be some sort of stalker or something. The way we are meeting is just way too coincidental. I board the plane, snuggling into the beige seat by the window and pulling out my Samsung. I scroll through my various emails. One from work, one from the seven, they miss me. I got another from a friend in Japan, something about a business associate he wants me to meet. I delete all the spam mail and turn off my phone.

I look around for Dimitri. I hope he sits far away from me. I swear to the holy lord himself if my father bought him the seat next to me.

Dimitri walks on the plane, his head swiveling around, looking for me. He frowns after seeing me and walks to the other side of the plane. I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding in. I return to my phone, checking twitter and then turning off the plane for the rest of the flight. I lay my head against the back of the seat, breathe deeply, and attempt to fall asleep.