Chapter 10: Penetration

I'm soooo sorry it took me so long to update. A lot of things came up this week that I wasn't expecting, and the new chapter just got pushed to the side. The new release dates should be up on my wall, so please, mark your calendars!!!

(~)

I hate my father. He has made it his goal in life to destroy me ever since he took me away from my mother when I was 5. I remember that day clearly, but you guys don't want to her some sappy bull.shit story that has almost no meaning to my life today.

I take another vigorous sip of my espresso and wince as it burns my throat going down.

My morning has not started off well as you can see.

I had to wake up earlier than usual, which sucks with this awful jet-lag.

The only good thing to come of today will be some answers. I plan on heading to my father's office today you see. I mostly figured out why Dimitri has been stalking me, but I want him to say it to my face. I want to know where my father's desperation stems from, why exactly he wants us to get married.

I feel a gently hand on my shoulder and take a look to my left. It's Vincent, he's always been like this. I press my hands against the counter and lean forward, stretching out my back. I really just need to relax.

"You're so tense, maybe you should have some tea instead?"

I glare at him. I know he's just looking out for me, but I'm in no mood for his incessant babying.

He backs away, clearly getting the message and rejoining the other 6 at the breakfast nook.

In case you haven't caught on, we're in my kitchen.

I can feel their gazes burning holes into the back of my head and turn to leave. I need a shower before I go anyway.

I head up to my room, showering and changing into a dress with broad shoulders that accentuates my slim waist after downing yet another shot of espresso. I blow dry my hair and have a stylist curl it into dark Arabian curls. I look hot as fu.ck right now.

I slip on some strappy black heels and I'm off, getting into a sleek blue F-type Jaguar.

Although I enjoyed the car ride, I'm angry when I arrive. I slip past reception, heading straight for the elevators. I want this to be over, and over quickly. I don't feel like messing with incessant sh.it so I try to avoid the secretaries.

I reach the 15th floor, quickly exiting the packed elevator and make my way to my father's personal secretary. Her name is Janet, she's my father's mistress. She never shuts up.

So much for avoiding reception.

"Miss Salander!" She greets me. I swear, he always hires the perky blond ones. "Are you here for your father?"

I try to stay pleasant and give her a smile. "Yes actually, is he busy right now?"
"I'm afraid so, he's in a meeting right now, so why don't you have a seat until he gets out sweetie?"

She still talks to me like I'm 10.

I say nothing, and sit in one of the uncomfortable chairs by her desk.

I swear to God the minute I see him, I'm going to rip him a good one. What the fuc.k was he thinking meddling with my life. I wish I could just tear his ugly face off!

"Miss Salander? Your father is ready for you."

I step into his office with a slight nod to the blond secretary.