Day 1

I picked up my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Is this James?"

"Yes. Who is this?"

"This is me, Emily. I was wondering if you would like to have dinner tonight?" I blurted out quickly.

There was a pause at the end of the line and then, he finally said, "Why didn't you call me earlier?"

Lies at my disposal: I was busy; I forgot; I temporarily lost your number. Truth: "I was afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, the next thing I was about to say was going to sound incredibly corny. "I think I'm falling in love with you and I don't know how this works and I'm unsure of how to deal with my feelings like a normal human being," I rambled.  

Silence.

Don't tell me I've made a fool of myself? "James?" I asked nervously. I could feel myself perspiring from anxiety.

"When and where?"

"What?" I asked.

"Dinner. I need to know the details," he clarified.

"Oh." He was skipping my declaration of love, but okay. "How about Estar on 42nd at eight pm?"

"Alright, I'll see you then. And Emily?"

"Yes?"

"I don't think you're falling in love with me."

I was a little taken aback. "No?"

"I think you are in love with me and trust me, there's no need to be afraid."

A/N "So this is the end. Hold your breath and count to ten." -Skyfall by Adele

Thank you to all my wonderful readers in joining me on this journey. I came up with this idea in the dead of night while petting my cat and I cannot believe that I actually managed to write and complete it. I never actually expected anyone to read it and it means a whole lot that you guys did. You really kept me going. You may also wonder why I labelled this part as "Day 1" and that's because James and Emily are starting a new chapter in their lives. So, in a way, this is just the beginning. Don't expect a sequel though. I'm not about that life. You all are awesome and I really appreciate you guys.