Chapter 5 - The Library

October 25th, 1991:

-Katherine-

Even though I had only been at Hogwarts for a few weeks, things were starting to slip into a pattern. I was becoming friends with Lisa, Su with Mandy and Padma, Goldstein with Boot and Corner, and Entwhistle with Cornfoot. The house rivalries were starting to show. Gryffindor and Slytherin were the biggest ones. Harry Potter was friends with Ron Weasley, Parvati with Lavender Brown and Sally Smith, Dean Thomas with Seamus Finnigan, Diana Runcorn, Neville Longbottom and Hermione Granger didn't have any. Susan Bones was friends with Hannah Abbott and a girl named Sally-Ann Perks, Ernie MacMillan with Wayne and Oliver Rivers, and Justin Finch-Fletchley with Roger Malone. Malfoy had two sidekicks, Crabbe and Goyle, and they were already turning out to be bullies. Daphne Greengrass was with Tracey Davis, and Pansy Parkinson was a suck up. I didn't have a strong opinion of Millicent Bulstrode or Lily Moon. They preferred to stay in the shadows. Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott seemed very close in my opinion. Snape favored Slytherins, and detested Gryffindors, especially Potter, Weasley, and Granger. He disliked Hufflepuffs less than Gryffindors, and Ravenclaws less than Hufflepuffs. McGonagall didn't favor anyone, except for maybe a Gryffindor, but only a little. Everyone, except Snape, loved Potter, being the Boy Who Lived, and all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get or of the way, you Mudblood." Malfoy snarled as he pushed me to the floor. I had just finished History of Magic, my last class of the week.

"You should watch where you're going." I muttered back, but I didn't realize Malfoy heard me. As I was turning the corner, someone fired a tripping jinx at me. "Ugh." I groaned as I gathered my books from the floor. As I leaned against the wall, well, I fell right through it, like at Platform 9¾, but this time it was unexpected. I feel right into a narrow hallway. After about two flights of steps I came to a grand, oak door. Engraved in stone above the door were the words "Ravenclaw's Library", and below that, in smaller writing, I read out the words "I Request Entry To My Library". Right after I said those words, the large doors swung open, revealing the biggest library I've ever seen. There were marble, arched ceilings, and torches suspended every few feet for light, row upon row of books which seemed to get older the farther back you went. In the very front the was a family tree. It had four people at the top. Next to the family tree, there was a glass case with a small plate that read 'Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem", but there was nothing in the case. I walked over to the family tree and four people at the top were the four Founders. Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Godric Gryffindor. I traced down the line to see the heirs. Gryffindor's heir was. . .

"NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM!!" A yell resounded on the library.

What?!?! All right then. Slytherin's heir was some guy named Tom Riddle. I'd never heard of him. (A/N: Yes you have, nudge nudge, remember 'Dark Wizards of the 20th Century'?) Lisa was Hufflepuff's, which makes sense, she's really nice and all, and her brother is in Hufflepuff. Then I read down Ravenclaw's. And I saw my name. I am in utter shock. Total and complete silence. Wow. As I scanned around my name, a bunch of books and a few newspaper articles came came flying towards me. I guess the library is enchanted or something because all the books/articles had something to do with Longbottom. One of them catches my eye. YOU-KNOW-WHO HAS RETURNED!! BATTLE IN THE DEPARTMENT OF MYSTERIES!!

"Harry Potter..." 'in the Department of Mysteries? What?' I finish in my head. A millisecond later a dozen books come soaring towards me. All of the books had something to do with Potter. Seven of them were written by the same person. J. K. Rowling.

A/N: That's The End. Next chapter coming up.

JK (Rowling). Not the end.