Chapter 1 - The Decision

January 6th, 1991:
*Knock* *knock* *knock*
"Katherine dear, can you get that?" Tallie Stone called.

"Sure Mum," Katherine shouted back. She sprinted down the stairs, her brown hair flying around her, 'I wonder who it is? It probably isn't Lindsey or Celine. They're both visiting relatives. It could be. . .' by that time Katherine had gotten to the door. When she opened it, a very stern and, if I do say so myself, intimidating woman stood in front of her.

"Uh, Mum, I think it's someone for you," Kat called over her shoulder.

"Excuse me, but is there a 'Katherine Stone' here?" The woman interrupted. "I would like to speak with her and her legal guardians, please." Mrs. Stone hurried out of her office.

"Roger can you come in here?" Mr. Stone strode into the room, "How may I help you?" Mrs. Stone asked as she ushered everyone's favorite transfiguration teacher in.

"Hello, my name is Professor McGonagall. As you may or may not know, Katherine
is an exceptional girl with exceptional talents."

"Ah," said Mrs. Stone raising an eyebrow, " what may I ask are these special talents of hers?"

"Well, for one, she is a witch and-"

"What do you mean Katherine is a witch?" Roger looked furious, but as least he has kept control of his emotions.

"Please calm back down Mr. Stone, —"

"He's not 'Mr. Stone'. He's just Roger." Katherine interrupted forcefully. Only Katherine saw the apprehensive look Mrs. Stone shoot at Katherine.

"As I was saying, your daughter can do magic the same way a wizard or witch does magic."

"L-like a magician?" Katherine said shakily. This news took a toll on her. I mean, it isn't every day you find out you might be a witch.

"No. Like a wizard."

"Let's pretend that this is so true, can you show us a demonstration." Mrs. Stone said in a clipped tone. Looking quite dubious, she folded her hands on her lap.

"Very will then." Professor McGonagall drew out her wand and said, "Wingardium Leviosa." The book that was on the coffee table rose up and hung in the air and hung there for a few moments. Everyone's eyes bugged out.

Questions start to fly out of Katherine's mouth faster than a Nimbus 2000 (not that she knew of their existence yet), and it took a good five minutes for her to calm down.

"Anyway, I am a representative a school called Hogwarts,a school for witchcraft and wizardry. It is located in Scotland and is a boarding school. Students come home for the summer, and they may come home for Christmas and spring
break."

"Can I go Mum, please... pretty please?" Kat begged. She would love to learn how to do magic. I mean, who wouldn't.

"Well, I'll have to discuss it with your father, but I think you should." Mrs. Stone decided.

"Well I for one think that she should go."
°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*
I'm just a line breaker, don't mind me
°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*
30 minutes later:

"Well, um, do wizards use pounds?" Kat asked.

"No, they use Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts. There are 29 Knuts in a Sickles, and 17 Sickles in a Galleon. We have looked through your family tree, and it turns out that your paternal great-grandmother was a witch. So therefore, you have a vault at Gringotts Bank." Professor McGonagall answered.

"Wow, I never knew. B-but , um, where in this Gringotts place?" Katherine asked tentatively.

"It is in Diagon Alley

"It is too late to go today, but I can be here at 9:30 tomorrow." Professor McGonagall glanced at her watch.

"All right then they and I shall go with you tomorrow, seeing as Roger will be at work. Good day." Mrs. Stone escorted Professor McGonagall out.

"Well, then, how about dinner?" Mrs. Stone suggested cheerfully.