Chapter 1

Chapter 1

•Cole•

I couldn't wait any longer. I had to go out somewhere. Get free.

I wasn't going to take my car. Far to risky. In a rush like this I was sure to get pulled over.

I fed my hunger for escape while in the woods, following bike trail after hiking path. Most were grown over but even in the darkness paw prints were visible in the mud. The pack was close.

I followed their scent the best I could with my weak, human nose. They smelled better when I was a wolf.

Yeah, that's right. I'm part dog.

Shocking.

Not.

I herd a twig snap and I turned to a pair of bright eyes.

Watching me softly.

Me and my pack mate held the gaze for a moment before the sound of more broke my concentration.

Their footsteps whispered my name...

And I answered the call.

Violently, my body shook as I peeled away at my shirt, trying to save parts of my clothes from the transformation.

Too late.

My jeans tore away in a sickening snap of loose buttons and seams. My shoes were at my cabin so they stayed safe. My shirt was too late, it fluttered from my deep red fur in fluttering leaves.

As soon as the transformation had taken place, waves of emotions hit me. But not as strong as Adam.

He was alpha.

Top dog so to speak.

I whimpered in pain and frustration as he, once again, hit me with a blast of his almighty power and control. He made me slip into remorse every time by seeing things horrid.

I cannot say...

The change didn't completely change us, though we have no memory of our human lives until we are human again.

Adam made sure of that.

Unwillingly I followed the pack into the underbrush. I had my tail in-between my hind legs to show my rank.

Which is very low.

Adam barked orders, and we for filled his wills.

Except me.

I was too young to take orders yet.

Though in my human form I'm a solid 16. But I was changed just a couple of months ago.

The wolves here were years old and stronger then me.

It was their doing to push me around...