Stalkers Anonymous

Fast forward one week.  I’m lounging around on our family room couch, mindlessly flipping through the TV channels, when all of a sudden Logan loafs into the room and collapses on the couch next to me.  Or, more like on top of me.

“Ugh!” I moaned.  “Get off, fatso!”

Logan merely grinned at me.  “So, little sis, I hear you’ve managed to climb your way up the food chain at school pretty fast.”

I wrinkle my eyebrows in confusion.  “What the hell are you talking about?”  I rolled my eyes.  Logan was just being weird, as per usual.

“What am I talking about?” he repeated.  “I’m talking about my sister, Little Miss Popular.”

“Riley?” I asked in confusion.  Hmm.  That’s interesting.  I hadn’t known Riley had gotten so popular in her first week of school.  She’s usually pretty quiet and shy, actually.

Logan laughed hysterically.  “Wow, you just keep getting dumber, don’t you?”

“Hey!”  I threw a pillow at him.  “Watch who you’re calling dumb, Mr. ‘A ‘D-minus’ Is a Good Grade, Right, Mom?’”

He scowled back at me.  “Shut up.  And no, I’m talking about you, Sawyer.”

I stared at my brother for a moment, and then burst into raucous laughter.  “You…me….what…popular…what…no…can’t…stop…laughing,” I gasped in between laughs.  “Are you crazy?”

Logan was looking at me like I was some sort of mental patient.  Hm, come to think of it, he actually looks at me like that pretty much all the time.  “Uh, no…” he began, “CLEARLY you’re the crazy Daniels sibling.”

I paused for a second to consider his words.  It did look bad for me – Logan was sitting calmly on the couch while I practically fell onto the floor while laughing hysterically and loudly.  I shrugged.

“But really,” he continued, “apparently you’ve become quite the popular chica at Belmont.  All these guys on my football team were talking about you and your little…posse…at practice today.”

Oh, yeah, did I mention?  Logan made the football team.  New quarterback, of course.  Not like any of us were surprised.

But I’m getting distracted.  At Logan’s words, I widened my green eyes in shock.  “What…” I didn’t know how to respond.  “Okay, first of all, don’t call my friends a ‘posse’.”

He shrugged.  “Why not?  They are a posse!”

“We’re just a close-knit group of friends, God!” I defended.  “I mean, they’ve all known each other since they were little kids!”

“Yeah, and they’ve all ruled the school since they were little kids, too,” grinned Logan.

I was confused.  “I’m confused,” I told him.  Were Blair and my other friends really that popular?

“Yes, they’re really that popular,” Logan told me.  Damn, it’s like we have twin telepathy!  Except, you know, we’re not twins.

Okay.  Weird.  “Well, it’s not like I knew that,” I shrugged.  “Blair was the first one to talk to me on our first day.  She invited me to sit with them at lunch, and we all just got along really well.”

Ha.  I know, I’m so hilarious, aren’t I?  I mean, I get along amazingly well with Blair, and Samantha, and Rocco, and Xavier, and Karolina, and Noah.  However, there was one major exception in our group who I absolutely cannot stand.  And the feeling’s definitely mutual.  Will and I try to avoid each other whenever possible, but considering we’re always hanging out with the same people, it’s getting pretty hard to do.