Chapter 1

Naruto Uzumaki, the happy go luck blond, sat in his apartment as he waited for the time to start heading towards the academy. Today was the day, the day they get placed into teams. I hope my teammates nice enough. Naruto thought to himself as he let out a breath in exhaustion. He hasn't slept well this past few days, he is so wary of his surroundings he felt that it was so hard to even breathe. Naruto doesn't care if his team is gonna chose to ignore him, he is used to being ignored. He just hopes his team is gonna recognise him for his efforts. Will they recognise me? I doubt that... Everyone in the academy hates me. Hell, everyone in this world hates me.
This is how bad the abuse has gotten. It has gotten to a point that Naruto thinks of himself as the monster they say he is. Naruto pushed himself up and he silently headed for the door. Naruto was the first one to arrive in class so he quickly shuffled to his seat when the bell rang and snapped him out of his own little world. The fresh genins filed in and filled up the seats.
"Hey dead last! What are you doing in here?!" Kiba exclaimed. Naruto put on his mask so he stood up and pointed to his own headband. "Do you not see this, dog breath?! I passed the test." Naruto exclaimed but was immediately pushed over by a pink blur and pale blond blur. "Move aside Baka!" The two girls screamed at him before turning their attention back to each other and their Sasuke-kun. Ino and Sakura bickered with each other before pushing each other away to try wedging into the seat next to the Uchiha. Naruto picked himself up from the ground before jumping onto the table to glare at Sasuke.
Then suddenly someone behind him jumped up excitedly causing him to fall forward. Their lips didn't exactly connect as Sasuke's hand had prevented that but the fangirls didn't see it other than the fact that Naruto took their man's first kiss. Naruto pushed away from Sasuke as the killing intent increased so he fled from the now angry mob of fangirls. Naruto snuck back in when they finally gave up because they didn't have as much stamina as Naruto. "You're late Naruto." Iruka reprimanded causing his classmates to snicker. Naruto grumbled an apology before taking a seat. Naruto drowned out Iruka's speech and all the team until it finally came to his name. "Team 7, Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura-" at that Naruto began to cheer. "Uchiha Sasuke." Naruto then pretended to sulk and Sakura started to fangirl before screaming in triumph at Ino. Naruto hide a cringe from her loudness. Iruka then told them to to go for lunch and to come back to wait for their sensei. Everyone had rushed out before Iruka can say anything, leaving only Naruto with Iruka.
Iruka eyed his student worriedly. He was zoning out with a very serious expression on his face. "Naruto?" Iruka called out, hoping to get the attention of the blond. I'm sure this would get better! I'm sure our team would have a very strong bond! Naruto thought to himself, unaware that everyone has left for lunch. But who cares! He doesn't have money for food anyways. Iruka waved a hand in front of naruto's face, snapping him out of his thoughts. "What's up Iruka- sensei?" Naruto asked in his bubbly voice. Iruka blinked at the sudden change of behavior. "Are you okay?"
"Of course I am! Why do you ask?" Naruto asked, putting on the widest grin he has in store. Iruka just shook his head and looked at his student. "Its lunch now. Aren't you going?" Naruto nodded eagerly and took off, leaving Iruka confused about his weird behavior.
Once Naruto made sure no one was around, he dropped his happy demeanour suddenly feeling very tired. It hasn't even been more than an hour since he became part of a team. I'm sure it would get better. Naruto thought, trying to stay positive.
***********
(4 hours later)
"That stupid sensei! I swear- Naruto Baka! What are you doing?! He's a jounin for kami's sake! He wouldn't fall for that!" Sakura screeched as they watched Naruto wedge a duster between the sliding door and its frame. Naruto just faked a stifled laughter as he ran back to his seat and the door slid open as a head of gravity defying hair poked in. The duster landed on his head before it fell to the ground. "My first impression, you guys are idiots." Sasuke twitched at the fact that Kakashi is late but still dares to call them all idiots.

Today was their first team training, team test and of course, Kakashi being Kakashi was late by 5 hours. "Good morning guys, sorry I'm late. Afraid I got lost in the path of life." Kakashi said as Naruto and Sakura screamed at him for being late. Sasuke just 'hn'ed causing Sakura to hit Naruto over the head for being annoying and asking why he can't be more like Sasuke. They all missed how Naruto had looked upset as they turned their attention back to each other to ignore Naruto, Kakashi would have caught that expression if Sakura hadn't needed to scream in his face and jump up and down.
The morning came and went, so now it was noon and the time limit for the bell test was up. As no one had received the bell and both Sasuke and Sakura had deemed Naruto the one who weighed them down has to be tied up on the pole even though Naruto had put in the most effort along with Sasuke and Sakura did nothing to contribute. "Why should I be tied up here?!" Naruto screamed as he tried to break away from the restraints. "Because you guys failed my test and one of you has to be tied up and sent back to the academy but I'll let you guys have one more try after lunch." Kakashi said as he presented Sasuke and Sakura a bento each. "You guys are not allowed to feed Naruto since he is the one tied up. I'll be watching." Kakashi said as he shushined away to hide behind a tree and hide his chakra carefully. He watched his genins carefully as they eat, having a feeling that something surprising is about to happen.