The man couldn't help the blush that followed afterward.

.

For the next hour, there is eating, talking, playing, singing, relaxing, hugging and kissing. The wind had picked up quite a bit, leading to everyone wrapping their arms around themselves or someone else in order to keep warm. Jake nuzzles his head into Monica's neck, while Athena snuggles herself into Harry's trench coat.

"Alright, I think nature wants us to get out of her," Harry comments, arms tight around his little girl as he carries her. He then looks up, squinting when his hair falls into his eyes. "She must be really tired of us because it looks like it's gonna rain."

Monica laughs and shakes her head. "But then again, when is that new?"

Harry hums in agreement before they take both kids to the car, letting them sit in the heated vehicle as they go back and retrieve their picnic. When doing so, the air is filled with comfortable silence as all that was on their mind right now was getting back to the warmth the car had to offer. However, as they were about to place foot onto the car park, Harry speaks up.

"Monica," he murmurs making Monica stop her walk to turn back to him, realizing he had stopped. She raises her eyebrows, jumping up and down slightly in attempt to get warm. He shifts the picnic basked from his right hand to his left. "Um... I like you."

The brunette smiles before walking to Harry's side. She shifts the blanket to drape over her shoulder before wrapping her arms around his torso. "I like you too, Harry."

It was a random statement, really, but Harry needed some reassurance because despite having this lovely outing with each other and the kids, he kept thinking about that look in Monica's eyes when Matt was mentioned. It stupid really, how worried he is about Matt and Monica because when he'd met Matt he was nothing but sweet to him, not to mention call out Harry on his fancy. Matt basically gave him a blessing in a way. But even so, that won't stop Monica from harboring feelings for her ex. After all, they (Matt and Monica) have been spending more time together ever since the holidays.

"What's on your mind, babe?" There was that word slip again, and that reassured him. Monica's clings onto him tightly, not only to be comforting but because he was quite warm despite his shivers.

Harry attempts to wrap his arms around her too but just ends up hitting her back with the picnic basket. He murmurs and apology before sticking to letting her take control of the affection for now. The curly haired men then says, "Nothing... Just wanted to hear you say it."

"Weirdo."

Then they head towards the car, the music chosen by Athena as Jake starts a game of 'I Spy' to which Harry claims to be a master at. About five minutes from Monica's flat, it begins to rain - hard. This makes uneasy feeling settle in Harry's stomach after he pulls into the complex's car lot. And his actions of shutting his eyes tightly and white knuckles from holding onto the wheel too tight does not go unnoticed by Monica. After Jake unbuckles himself from his seat and scampers outside into the rain and into the building to greet Frank (the man at front desk), Monica quickly leans over to Harry and places a hand on his arm.

"You two can stay the night," she says softly. Though Harry had never told her, he wasn't much of a fan of driving especially in harsh weather. Even if they had some good times in the vehicle Harry would always be tense during the night, when someone cuts him off or harsh stops - it all scared him to no end. And Monica can understand that since he'd lost Katelyn from an accident. To be honest, she didn't want him to drive in such harsh conditions anyway.

Harry nods before murmuring, "Okay."

He turns off the car and exits only to be greeted by harsh pelts of water, quickly making his way to the side to get Athena out of the car. Monica watches him for a while from the passengers seat before exiting the car and making her way into the building to make sure her son wasn't causing trouble and had stayed in the lobby.