Should Have

Luke and Victoria fell asleep on the trampoline until one AM. Her eyes fluttered open, the sky a wondrous sight,  she jumped up from the sleeping position and shook Luke awake, he moaned and turned around to face her. "What time is it?" He asked ruffling his umber hair.

"One, we should go inside so my dad doesn't worry too much about us." He nodded and stood up stumbling a bit. The party next door was still going on, there were some people jumping into their huge pool. They headed inside and went to sleep in her room, she slept in her bed and Luke voluntarily slept on the floor. It was hard to sleep with the party going on next door. Luke turned to Victoria and thought of what he had said earlier. "But I think you're beautiful" He cursed at himself. He should had just said it then and there. "I love you and always have, from the day I saw you in the sixth grade carrying your books against your chest smiling at your friends as you passed them in the hallway. I should have told you that I love you and that I want to spend the rest of my days with you." He sighed loudly, loud enough for Victoria to hear.

"What's wrong man?" She asked turning over to face him. Her blond hair moving on her face.

"Can't sleep stupid Carter and his twelfth grade parties."

"Yeah, I just wanted to give him a piece of my mind he knew that my mom died, my dad told his parents." Victoria felt her vision getting blurry from the forming tears.

"Don't cry Vicky, he is just a drunk jerk that just wants girls for their bodies, including you." She smiled at the thought someone though of her that way. Luke stood up and sat on the edge of her bed, she sat up and looked at him.

"Thank you, you have been so good to me, when others would have left because I was so sad you stayed, you stood by my side, you are a great friend." Luke smiled and moved closer to her. He sat beside her and slung his arm on her. She put her head on his shoulder and started to close her eyes, a few moments later Luke had drifted off to sleep as well.