But I Think You're Beautiful

After school Victoria stayed behind speaking to one of her teachers, then Luke drove her home, he pulled into the driveway of the large contemporary home overlooking a lush green forest, the lights were off therefore her dad wasn't home where they started working on the paper for Social Studies, "you excited for this weekend?"

"What's going on this weekend?"

"We're going to the lake, remember."

"Right I totally forgot!" She smiled and took out her black laptop computer, and went on Pinterest. After about half an hour the paper was finished. Luke glanced over at her, "what?"

"What do want for you birthday?"

"Go to the lake, eat food, have fun with my friends and family I guess."

"Cool, but what do you want for your big one-six?" She shrugged.

"Nothing special." She said.

"Okay, but don't be upset when I don't get you anything." Luke said. Victoria went upstairs to change out of the uncomfortable uniform and Luke followed behind, he looked in the drawers for his clothes that he left at her house, she changed into the black tights, Bambi pyjama shirt and overtop a grey hoodie. They headed downstairs again, she printed the paper and put it neatly into her black backpack, then she turned back to Luke who was wearing grey sweatpants with a black shirt, he put on his blue hoodie, the sun was setting outside and her dad wasn't home yet. She sighed and her heart started beating quickly. She got nervous for her father after the accident that left her alone with her father. "Vicky you okay?" He asked. She nodded and motioned to go outside, he nodded and they both went outside to the trampoline the sky was turning from orange and yellow to black and orange in the horizon. She jumped up on the trampoline, Luke had gone to get blankets for them to cover up with. He threw them at her and she quickly wrapped up in one. Laying down looking up at the stars with his hands behind his head, his chest went up and down as he breathed, Victoria lay down beside him and put a blanket on his slim body, she put her head on his chest and looked at him, he was on his phone, suddenly music started playing. 'Sail by Awolnation.'

"This song?" she asked him.

"You don't like it?"

"No I love it, but I'm dancing to this song in Barcelona."

"Do you mind showing me the dance?" He asked her. she nodded and told him to get off the trampoline, and got in her starting position of the dance, she jumped up to a handstand and rolled to the side, she pirouetted and landed with my leg high she did a cart wheel and landed clutching her chest, the dance continued and she finished out of breath, Luke clapped and got back into the trampoline. She smiled and he hugged her. After Luke slept at her house and then the weekend came around. They were jumping on the trampoline while her dad was at a meeting downtown.

"Hey guys!" Luke and Victoria turned around and saw her neighbor's twelve grade nephew, Carter he was tall and his shaggy brown hair always flopped over his face, he was one year older than both of them, but always nice.

"Hey Carter!" Victoria yelled.

"Hey Victoria, um we are having a party tonight and I wanted to know if you guys would be able to come?" She looked at Luke and smiled.

"Maybe, I'll ask my dad when he gets home."

"Alright." He walked back into his house.

"He just wants you to go to his party because you're hot." She looked at him and smiled.

"You think I'm hot?" He blushed red.

"Everyone does. But I think you are beautiful."