Chapter two

Hi, so this is chapter two of Whispers of Summer. Enjoy!

Happy reading.

***

This time I really snap out of my fantasy. In my head I try to work out what Nick meant, but I must look lost or confused, because he says, "That guy, Levi, is outside your window, Sam. Can he sleep here for the night? Please? I promise he won't cause you any trouble, if that's what you're worried about. Please?" he practically begs. Nick never begs.

Nick gives me his infamous puppy dog eyes, and nobody can say no to his puppy dog eyes. I bite my bottom lip, contemplating whether I should let this Levi guy stay or not. What will my parents say if they find Nick in my bed and some random British dude on my floor?

Nick and I have slept in the same bed countless times, like when I sleep over at his house, or he at mine. So it's quite natural if we share the same bed. Besides, Nick has only had sex twice. Atleast my best friend is not a manwhore, and I'm glad he isn't. He treats his women with respect, one of the many reasons why I love him.

"Does he do drugs? Does he drink? Has he been to prison or stolen, raped, kidnapped, murdered or abused anyone?" I ask nervously.

Nick starts laughing, shaking shoulders and all, then says, "Don't worry, not all Brits are thieves, murderers or ruffians."

"I never said 'ruffians'. What is a ruffian anyway?"" I ask, confused as always.

"Nevermind," Nick tells me, "So can he stay or should I tell him to sleep outside, in the cold, where he could die from hypothermia?" Hypothermia? We live in California, I highly doubt that anyone can die from hypothermia in California. Heat, maybe.

I tell Nick this and he says, "Yes! He can die from the heat, Sam. C'mon, it's just for tonight. Then you can kick him to the curb. What do you say?"

I sigh, a sure sign that Nick wins, "Fine. But if I'm dead by the morning, you're going to have to explain to my parents what happened, and then I'd probably meet you and your friend in heaven. Okay?" Nick nods his head like a little kid who was asked to keep a deep secret.

I get up from bed, Nick follows suit, and go to the window. I open it and peer down, as I expected, there's a boy standing there, about my age, smiling up at me. Levi, I assume, waves at me and starts climbing up my tree.

"Hi," he says, once he climbs to the top, "Sam? You must be Sam, right? I'm Levi." He holds out his right hand for me to shake. I can't help but fall in love with his accent, it sounds so smooth like liquid gold. I hesitate, looking at his hand, held out for me to shake. I just end up shaking his hand anyway.

"Yeah, I'm Sam. Hey." I tell him. This conversation is super awkward.

He tells me, "Nick has told me how pretty you are, I wouldn't believe him until I got to meet you. And he was right, you are quite the looker."

What? Nick said that? I glance back at Nick, who is currently looking at his feet like it's the most interesting thing at the moment. I can make out the faint blush tinged on his cheeks in the dark. I blush and look back at Levi, and say, "Thank you, but flattery will get you nowhere."

"Ooh, I like my women feisty," he says, "So you letting me in or what?"

"Oh, yeah, make yourself at home or don't, whatever." I move aside to let him in. Levi swiftly swings his legs over my window sill. Anyone who is a thief can do that easily. "Let me get you a blanket and pillow to sleep on."

"Thanks, for letting me sleep here and stuff. Nice room by the way." He motions to all my little fairy figurines on my vanity.

"Thanks." I tell him.

"Oh, and I got her this one." Nick says, picking up a sparkly blue fairy figurine. It is my favorite. I don't say that, of course. That would be weird.

"Here, you can sleep on this," I say, throwing Levi my white blanket and an old pink pillow from my cupboard, " just set it up on the floor there and you're all set to sleep."

"Hey, Sam?" Nick whispers as soon as we're in bed.

"Yeah, Nick?"

"Thanks." He says.

"For what?"

"Letting Levi sleep here, you're an awesome best friend."

"I know, Nick."

"Would you two please stop flirting and sleep!" Levi whisper-shouts from below me.

"Fine. Goodnight Sam, Levi." Nick says.

Levi says,"Yeah, goodnight people."

"Goodnight."

***

Yeah, so that is the end of chapter two. I hope you like it so far, I do :D.

Comment, vote, share. Thanks.

Saiyuri ♥