3. The Mission

It was just after the wedding and the couple quickly went to change back into their normal clothes. They came out and went down to Cardinal Jinette's office to discuss the new mission. "Ok. So what's the agenda?" Anna asked as they sat down.

"There's been a horrible disappearance of children from the ages of two to eight coming out of Ocean City, Maryland United States in North America. There has been a sighting about two weeks ago of a great thirty foot diameter octopus known as The Kracken coming out of The Atlantic Ocean onto the beach seeming to search for something."

"What does this have to do with missing children?" Gabriel asked.

"We're not sure, but we know it's connected. Your job is find the children hopefully still alive, take them back to their families, and kill The Kracken."

"And if these children's families are dead?" Anna asked raising an eyebrow.

"Bring them here. We'll find them new families."

"Ok. But what if Gabriel and I decide to keep some for ourselves if that's the case?"

"Then you can choose which ones once you bring them back here."

"And then we can have our honeymoon?"

"Yes, yes. And if you do end up taking some of the children, Carl will take them to your family manor in Transylvania."

"Alright. We'll leave immediately." Gabriel said.

"Take Carl with you!" Jinette called as they exited his office.

Anna looked at Gabriel. "As much as Carl would be a big help, Hunny, I don't think that's such a good idea. Besides, killing this Kracken can't be TOO hard."

"It's not up to us though. Even though I do agree with you."

She sighed. "He's not gonna like this." She mumbled under her breath.

"I know, but it's Jinette's orders. He won't object to that. Even though he'll still complain. He did the same thing when I told him he was ordered to come with me to Transylvania." He replied hearing what she said.

"Really?" She asked dully with a snort.

"Yep. Though once he was in the tower, he had no objections. He was among-st his books. He just didn't like the main field work."

That made the gypsy princess laugh. "Good old Carl. Always scared, but brave when he wants to be."