Memory Loss

*Reid's POV*

I opened my eyes. My head pounded. I raised my hand to my head and felt the blood. I turned my head, slowly, to see Mel's Toyota on fire. That's when I remembered what happened.

Quickly, I stood up and looked around. That's when I found her. Mel. She was lying in the ground, her eyes closed. I rushed over to her and dropped to my knees next to her.

"Mel." I whispered, putting a hand behind her head. She was bleeding badly. "Mel, baby. Wake up."

She didn't respond. I checked her pulse. Luckily, she had one. She was alive, just unconscious.

"Help!" I called. "Help! Please, someone. Help us!"

I quickly pulled my tie off and wrapped it around Mel's arm bleeding arm. I made sure it was tight. At least that stopped a bit of the bleeding.

Tears started forming in my eyes and she became blurry. I couldn't believe this happened. Why would someone want to hurt her? She hasn't done anything to anyone.

"Help!" I called again. This time, the team appeared from the FBI building.

"Reid!" Morgan called and raced over to us. He dropped to his knees on the other side of Mel. "What happened?"

"Her car. It-it exploded." I said. "I think there was a bomb planted on it or in it somewhere."

"Is she okay?" asked Hotch.

"She's fine. Just unconscious. Just-call an ambulance, please. She's bleeding badly. Please-"

I trailed off, my voice beginning to break. JJ came over to me and brought me to my feet. She gave me a hug and I watched over her shoulder as Garcia called the hospital and Morgan tried to move Mel.

"We should be able to move her. Her injuries aren't as bad as they seem. We'll bring her out of the road and over to the sidewalk while we wait." he said to the rest of the team.

They nodded and Morgan picked her up, bridal style. JJ let go of me and we all walked over to the sidewalk, where Morgan set Mel down, gently.

"She doesn't have her engagement ring." said Blake. "It must've came off."

"I think I seen it over there." JJ said, nodding to where Mel was before.

"Can you get it?" I asked, kneeling next to my fiancée. I took her hand in mine and looked at her.

"Reid-" Morgan said.

"Just get the ring!" I exclaimed.

Everyone was silent. No one had ever seen me like this. I couldn't blame them. I'd never been like this before. I'd never been in this type of situation before.

JJ went to get the ring as the ambulance sirens began to get louder and louder.

"Don't worry, Mel." I whispered. "Everything's gonna be alright."

We sat in the hospital roughly two hours later. The whole team was there, waiting patiently for the results. I sat on one of the chairs, my legs bobbing up and down impatiently. Hotch came over and sat next to me.

"You okay?" he asked.

"No." I replied. I looked up at him. "I'm sorry Hotch. I just-I feel like I could've done something."

"Don't be sorry, Reid. Neither of you knew about the bomb. Neither of you could've done anything. Now, we can just wait. Once we get the results on Mel, we'll go visit her and we'll find the guy who did this. He's not going to get away with it." he assured me.

I nodded, though not as sure. I needed to stay confident, but who knows what could happen.

I stared at the ground as we all waited in silence. I could almost hear her voice talking to me. I could hear her telling me to stop being upset and that she was fine. I could hear her and that hurt me. It hurt because I didn't know if I'd ever actually hear her voice again.

Finally, a nurse came out and I was the first one up.

"Melanie Hotchner?" the nurse asked.

"That's us." Hotch said.

"How is she? Please tell me she's okay." I begged.

"She's fine. She's still asleep, but she's fine. You can visit her, but make it brief. We don't want to over whelm her if she wakes up."

We nodded and the nurse turned and left.

"Reid," Hotch said. "you can go in. You're the most worried about her. We'll go back to the office and start looking at suspects. Come back when you're ready."

I nodded. The team left, patting me on the back or saying something to me before they left. Once I was alone, I took a deep breath and walked into Mel's room.

There she lay. Melanie Hotchner. Her wounds were patched up and she didn't look as bad as earlier. I walked over to her and sat down on the bed. I took her hand in mine and looked at her. Even with her minor injuries, she was still the most beautiful girl ever.

After a few minutes, Mel's eyes fluttered and they opened.

"Hey. How you feeling?" I asked.

"Stiff. What happened?"

"Your car exploded. I think there was a bomb planted in it or on it somewhere."

"Oh. That's horrible. No one else is hurt, are they?"

"Considering it was just you and me around, I'd doubt anyone else was hurt."

She gave me a puzzled look.

"Why were you there?" she asked.

It was my turn to give her a puzzled look.

"What do you mean? I was there because I'm your fiancé."

"Fiancé? I'm engaged?"

Uh-oh. This wasn't good.

Forgotten (Criminal Minds Fanfiction/Sequel to Boss's Niece)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें