Intro

They say that dreaming has a price and you'll always get what you ask for. The problem that most people don't see is that you also don't realize what you have until it's gone. And that's the price you pay for dreaming. And that's my problem, I'm dreaming and I don't want to wake up. Waking up means that I have to think, and work, and live.

My escape from life is music. I have never been able to play an instrument but music moves me - maybe I could be a dj one day - and then I can speak through the music that speaks to me.

All my life I have even planning and thinking. My future was all planned out from middle school through old age, but that plan was so paper thin apparently. And like playing Rock, Paper, Scissors; scissors won over my paper thin plan. Scissors being life and all the unexpected qualities of the world. It cut my plans in half.

That's why I decided that if plans jut fall apart so easily what's the point in planning? Or preparing for something that will never happen? You know when you are really looking forward to going somewhere with a group of friends and you're all ready for it and then last minute you discover you have to stay home for minor reasons. That leads to disappointment. But then think of this, what if someone you care about makes a promise to you but it never happens. That leads to getting your hopes up and heartache.

Dreaming, in my opinion, can be two things. First: it could be a way of escape and, second: a way of over-thinking. A way of escape from caring, thinking, planning, and feeling. It can also be a way of figuring things out - and most likely to an over extent as to where you 'over figure them out'. And if all that 'over-figuring ' turns to waste and your plans fall apart then your left with nothing but disappointment and confusion again.

So maybe the best way of dreaming is through escape. Escape of thinking.

Because thinking can be dangerous.

And that's my problem because thinking is also a very healthy thing to do. But to what extent?

I once thought I knew everything I needed to know. Everything was going to go as planned. And then slowly, brick by brick, my perfect mold for my future began to fall and shatter.

And so here I am, standing in utter confusion of it all... Nothing is as I hoped, as I knew, as I wanted, as I needed, and it's probably not at all how I see it. And that's all due to either over-thinking or even under-thinking.

So will you take a chance and dream with me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

Related song: Satellite by All Time Low