Explanations

Jason's pov

What just happened? Why'd she pretend not to know me? I run after her. "Hey Ana! Wait!" I call. "Get away from me! I don't know you!" She gets in her car and drives away. I sigh and walk back into the diner. About 10 minutes later, her dad stomps in furious. Oh crap. He grabs my arm, dragging me out of the diner. "Dude! What's going on!?" "Boy, you're getting yourself mixed up with something you know nothing about!" He shouts. "What are you talking about!?" I cry. "She has no memory of you. And she'll never have any memory of you." He says. "Why not?" I ask. "Because she was in an accident and now she still thinks it's May 8th of last year every day. And she doesn't remember anything different that happened during that day. Her memory gets erased every time she goes to sleep." Whoa! "Man if you didn't want me dating her you coulda just said so instead of making up that BS story!" He's instantly furious. He shoves me into his truck and we drive to his farm. "What's going on?" "I'll show you I'm not lying." He says, opening the door to his barn. He comes back out with a scrapbook and hands it to me. A couple news articles of a wreck and Ana being in the hospital for several months. Oh man, it's true. I don't care if she doesn't remember me. I'll come back every day and let her remeet me. "I'm still in love with her." I mumble. "Nothing can come of it. She'll forget you every night." "That just means we can go on a lot of first dates. Have you ever tried telling her?" "No, if we do she'll just freak out." "You never know." I say, walking towards the house. She's baking a cake. "Hey, sorry I flipped earlier I just.... Don't know who you are." I walk over. "My name is Jason. Are you sure you don't remember me? We just met yesterday." "No, yesterday I went for a walk then picked up cake stuff for my dad's birthday." So her dad's birthday is on May 8th. So this is real. She really can't retain new information. So she won't remember me tomorrow. "Do you wanna go out tonight?" I ask. She nods. "You're real handsome." I smile. "Thanks, I'm sure all the guys around here fall off tractors when they see your gorgeous self." She giggles. "Well, dinner at the diner?" She asks. "I'll see ya there." Even if she doesn't remember it tomorrow, I will.

*later*

"You're makin' a big mistake son." Her dad says. "Maybe so but I know she's happy about this." "But you're just setting yourself up to get hurt." "I don't care." She walks out. "Bye daddy. Happy birthday." "Bye pumpkin." She kisses his cheek and links her arm with mine and we enjoy dinner at the diner. Then we go to a dance club. A few Alan Jackson songs play. "Wow, these are new songs." She says. These songs are 3 months old! I don't mind. I twirl her on the dance floor. All I gotta do is play it cool and end the night with a kiss. I wish she could remember me. But I love her and I'm going to keep on loving her even if she doesn't remember me. I don't mind introducing myself every day. She leans against the bar. "Jason, this has been a great night. You're so much fun." "I'm a wild stallion is what my friends call me." She laughs. "Wild is right." I laugh and hold her hands. Then I lean in and kiss her. The warm feeling floods through me. I love her so much. And I only knew her a day! "I know you won't remember none of this tomorrow but I want you to know anyway. I love you." I say. She hugs me. "I love you too Jason." I'm surprised she feels the same way. I rub her back and we kiss again.

*the next day*

I've got to think of something to help her. I sneak over and get the scrapbook. I'm about to go talk to her at the diner when her dad catches me! Uh oh. "What are you doing?" "I'm gonna tell her the truth. Maybe if we show it to her she'll regain her memory!" "Jason, you don't understand, it's permenantly gone. You can't get it back." He says, gently. "But... She said she loved me.... She has to remember that!" "She doesn't and she never will. No matter how many times you do it. You could go on 50 dates but she'd still think it was the first evrytime." He says, with a sigh. "You should just give up." "Never!" I run back home. By now she's gone back home to celebrate her dad's "birthday" again. He just goes along with it. Well, I'm gonna make her improve. I make a video explaining everything then I write her name on it and sneakily put it where she'll find it at the diner.

Ana's pov

I walk in to the diner and order some breakfast. I'm so excited. I've git big plans for my dad's birthday today. I got him the new movie he was wanting. Then I'll bake him a cake. I grab a napkin and stop short surprised when there's a disk with my name on it. "I should probably see what this is." Just then a guy I'm guessing is my waiter walks over. "I know where you can watch that." He says. Creepy. "Who are you and how do you know about this disk?" I ask. He sighs and stares at his hands. "Honey, I know ya don't remember. My name is Jason. Just watch that DVD and it'll make sense." He rests a hand over top of mine, causing a hot burn in my cheeks. I think I have a crush on him. "Just watch it." He says.

*later*

I put it in and apparently I was in a wreck and lost my memory. My dad has tears in his eyes. The guy from the diner stands by him. "I doubt this'll work." Dad whispers. "I'm not going to give up on her." The guy whispers back. I turn my attention back to the screen and am shocked to see us dancing together. Whoa! He sits beside me. A hand on my knee. "We've done that for the past 3 days but every day ya forget me." He says. "I don't remember doing that." I say. "I know ya don't. And ya won't remember any of what happened today either. That's why you have to watch the DVD every day. Because Ana, I love you and even if you don't remember me, I'll always remember you." He says, holding my hands. He gently rests a hand on my cheek and kisses me. "This is going to turn out badly." Dad mutters leaving the room.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

She just finished rewatching the video and is just as shocked as yesterday. "How many times have I watched this?" She asks, sitting at her desk, trying to process it all again. "This is the second time. But I'll make sure you watch it tomorrow." I say, laying on her bed. "We love each other?" I nod. She lays beside me. "How can you put up with dealing with this every day?" She asks, tears in her eyes. "Because I love you and love always finds a way." I say, sitting up and looking her in the eyes. "And don't ever doubt that I'll be around and baby don't you ever forget. Til my last day, I'll be lovin' you." Although I know she will forget tomorrow. "But wait if what you're saying is correct, then I will forget!" I smile and kiss her. "And I'll be here tomorrow to remind you." Her dad calls my name. Uh oh that can't be good! I go to the living room, her on my arm. He sends her to her room. "Things need to return to the way they were. There's no point in trying anymore. It'll be the same every day!" "And so will I sir. My feelings for her will still be the same." He shakes his head. "If you come near my daughter again, I'll have the law after you." He shoved me out the door! Then he breaks the DVD and throws it out the window at me. She pokes her head out crying. "I'll find you tomorrow. I promise!" She cries, taking a picture of me. I don't know why she did that. She won't remember even saying that tomorrow. I walk home depressed.

Ana's pov

I print the picture out and set it on the dresser along with a note. It says find him, you love him. His name is Jason. I'm going to figure this out and I'm going to figure it out with the boy I love.