The farmer's daughter

Jason's pov

I just graduated high school and got a summer job at my neighbor's farm. He needs help since his son moved away for college. "When are you going to college?" He asks me. "Well, I um I was gonna go but instead I'm gonna go to Music City and make a career there." I mumble. He's probably gonna think the same thing my parents thought. "Well, good luck with that." He says, shaking his head. I knew it. I get to work doing the usual farming stuff. It's gotten hot though. I dab my forehead with a handkerchief and when I open my eyes, I catch a glimpse of the farmer's daughter! I slip off the tractor, hitting my head on the ground and blacking out.

*later*

Oh man, I hit my head hard. There's a wet towel to my head. I open my eyes and the farmer's daughter herself stands over me, a concerned look on her face and a hand to my forehead. "You had quite a fall there." She says. "My head's killing me." I mutter, sitting up. She smiles. "You're gonna be okay." She says. I don't know if I am. This hot girl is totally girlfriend material. I wonder.... She helps me sit up easier. We stare right at each other. Her hand is on the back of my head. "You're.... Gonna have....quite..... A bump there." She mumbles. "I-I think it'll be fine." I stammer, lost in her eyes. She scoots closer and kisses me softly. I lean against the pillows as we kiss. I'm kissing her and I don't even know her name. "Wha-What's your name?" I choke out. "Ana. I just got home from Panama city." She says, brushing her hair out of her face. I sit up fully even though it makes my head hurt and I kiss her again. Her dad slams open the door. "Oh no! This isn't good!" He cries, looking terrified. He grabs her arm, pulling her to her feet. "B-Bye Ana." I choke out. He drags her out. I think I'm in love. I stumble out of the room several minutes later. "Sir, I'm sorry I shouldn't have been kissing her." I say. I wanna stay on his good side. Maybe then he'll let me date her. "Leave my daughter alone." He says, pointing to the door. I see her behind him in the kitchen. "My eyes are up here boy." He says. My face gets hot. I look back at him. "I'm sorry son, you can't work here anymore." I sigh. Best not to go against him. I wave and leave.

*the next day*

I go down to the diner for breakfast and see Ana drawing at one of the tables. I smile and sit beside her. "Hey." She looks up startled. "Oops sorry Ana didn't mean to startle you." I say, chuckling. She stands up quickly. "How do you know my name?!" She gapes. Huh? "Um, you told me yesterday!" I gasp, raising an eyebrow. She shakes her head. "I've never seen you before in my whole life." She says, exiting quickly. What just happened!?