Cordessia

CORDESSIA

Cordessia's P.O.V

Ah. The sunshine. Such a beauty of nature. My black fur soaks it in quite nicely.

I woke up on all fours, and arched my back to stretch. I even let out a tiresome meow similar to human yawns.

What time is it?

Well, I'll do what I always do when I want to know what time it is. I shall go to the Easton Town Hall where there's a giant clock! It's pretty cool. I better get going.

As I pass the humans I hear whispers of concern for me.

"Hey Brad" said a blonde, tan female human. "You think that cat's a stray?"

"I'm not sure Em" said a brunette, tan male human next to her. "It has a red ribbon around its neck".

How shameless! It? I shall let this human boy know I am not an it! My name is Cordessia and I am a female cat!

I ushered to speak with the human called "Brad" but all that came out was angry meows and hisses.

"Ugh!" he said in disgust at my attempted communication. "Let's go babe this cat's freakin me out".

Well I never! I know I can't speak the human communication sounds but does he have to be so rude?

He pulled the human called "Em's" arm away from me. However as she was getting pulled by the rude boy she did not take her eyes off of me.

What a peculiar human. Well, I suppose I am rather mesmerizing! But I need to focus on getting to the town hall. Apparently I've been scurrying so fast my paws hurt now! Mrraw this sucks! If I was a human like Brad and Em I could achieve my goal much faster!

The Brad human was correct. I have a red ribbon around my neck. I know for a fact I did not put it there. Plus, how could a kitty like me do it with no opposable thumbs? I don't know who put it there. Which sucks. What I do know is my first name, assuming I have a last name.

My name is Cordessia. I don't know whether I named myself or if someone else named me. I have a red ribbon around my neck and I did not put it there. These could possibly be signs of previous ownership of me however I do not know for sure. And that is all I remember.

However, I remember my life as a stray for about a month meow. I always assumed I named myself at some point and a kind stranger gave me this ribbon.

Until further notice, I am Cordessia the stray cat.

Along my walk to the town hall I see a human child on a 2 wheeler pass by me. I have seen these devices before, but I haven't heard much about them from any humans.

The town hall is near. I overhear the conversation of two more humans.

"And it just blows my mind honestly how heartless people like that even exist" said a young girl.

Heartless? Who is heartless? One would not be alive if they didn't have a heart.

"Why can't you be this passionate about your schoolwork Brina?" asked an older male human walking next to her.

"Because dad!" she said. "School has nothing to be passionate about!"

Hmm. I've heard of this "school" before but I still don't know exactly what it is. By the sound of it, it doesn't seem all that nice.

The girl Brina and her father walked ahead.

The girl had long straight hair. It was the color of my fur. Jet black. She looked brooding but she was wearing light clothing. A baby blue cardigan shirt with blue jeans and beige boots. She looked cute. But something about her said she'd rather be wearing something else.

Here it is! The Easton Town Hall. Now I can see what time it is!

"Hey dad look it's a black cat" said a familiar voice.

I turned my flabby neck around and saw the human called Brina.

"Ooo!" said her father in awe. "You know how your mother feels about black cats" he said.

Brina's mother. I wonder.

"She's so stupid and superstitious!" said Brina. "God I hate her!"

"Now Brina you're mother may be a little eccentric but please don't bash her" said the father. "She's you're mother and my wife".

"I know" said Brina. "Ugh!" "Let's just keep walking!" she said pulling her father's arm in the opposite direction.

Why does Brina seem so frustrated? Hmm. Well for now no matter! Let's just see what time it is.

"Well it looks like it's about 7:30 AM according to the town clock Jeb" said a male voice.

As he said that I was looking at the clock. It was indeed 7:30 AM.

"That is absolutely correct Phil" said another male voice. "Which means we better get to our jobs".

I turned my furry torso around to see who these strangers were.

They were both adult male humans. From their conversation, one was named Jeb, and the other is Phil. One of them was short and slightly pudgy with dirty blonde curly hair. The other one was tall and slender, with defined facial features and brunette hair. They both started wandering off somewhere together.

Jobs. What are jobs?

A black van car passes by me as I ponder each of the humans I have just come across.

Well now that I know what time it is, I need to plan out my day. It is much earlier in the day than when I usually wake up. What should I do?

I have met some interesting humans. Shall I see what they are up to? Where did Brina say she was going? Oh that's right! School! But which one? There is Easton Elementary and The Easton Precollege. Which one shall I explore first?

Let's see. Which one am I nearer? On this street just straight up ahead I see lots of cars driving to somewhere awfully specific.

I shall follow them.