Out of Place

I sat in my bed the whole night wide awake. It was my first night in the Stark Tower and it was an understatement to say that I felt out of place. My room had a huge window looking over New York City, and I had a posh bed and control panel with a flat screen with a very intelligent program called JARVIS.

Bruce Banner, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Steve Rogers, and Tony Stark. All people I had heard of before, but now I had a face to go with the names. These people were the most intimidating adults I had ever met, well...maybe not Tony and Bruce, they seemed intelligent but huge dorks, but the others looked like they could break my neck. I mean have you seen Steve Rogers arms? Or Natasha's legs? I was close to her height but I felt like a pencil next to her.

When Maria Hill contacted me about "Tony Stark's Program for Young and Gifted Proteges." I assumed there would be more people like me and not well...super heroes. But then again, how many other gifted 16 year old genius's are there? I hoped my team would need more of my brain than my...well, my gift. It has been nothing but a nightmare my entire life, and I'm still barely controlling it.

I looked over at my phone and saw that it was one A.M. and I was still wide awake. I might as well play with this JARVIS system, and see what Tony Stark can really do.

I touched the control panel and said, "Jarvis?"

Suddenly my screen lit up and the Stark Industries logo popped up.

"Yes, Ellie Shade, I am J.A.R.V.I.S. here to help you with any of you technological needs."  Said a rather human-like voice from my flat screen's speakers.

"Oh okay, so you're like a cooler version of Siri." I said in awe.

"In a sense. Mr. Stark notified me that you need to briefed on your schedule here at the Stark Towers." JARVIS chirped.

"-Yeah about that, what exactly is my job here? I still don't quite understand. Natasha Romanoff didn't exactly explain much while she was giving me a tour."

"I'm afraid you will have to ask Mr. Stark that, would you like to see your schedule for tomorrow?"

I huffed but agreed to see it.

"Whoa, wait. I have combat training at seven in the morning with Steve Rogers? Isn't it crazy to train at seven A.M.?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand your question, Ellie Shade."

I sighed with defeat. I forgot JARVIS was still just a computer system, but a genius one by that.

"Well I might as well get a bit of sleep before tomorrow morning." I said to myself and JARVIS.

"Goodnight Ellie Shade, and best of luck with training." JARVIS said before shutting down.

"I'm gonna need it." I murmured before dozing off to sleep.

~
I woke up to a soft rapping at my door, my flat screen showed that it was Steve right outside.

"Ugh." I thought. And then it hit me.

"Ellie? It's Steve Rogers, you were supposed to meet me in the training room half an hour ago, I just wanted to see if you were okay or wake you up."

"Oh no, oh no, shit shit shit"

It was the monthly call of Satan's red waterfall.

I ran into the bathroom looking in all cupboards for some female products, but I couldn't find a single one.

"Um, I'm so sorry, but could you give me a minute?" I yelled back to Steve. This was the most embarrassing thing ever, why did it have to be Steve?