+ the 5 with the Coach Isaac +

Start from the beginning

"Are we gonna investigate?" I asked, already taking a step deeper into the forest.

He grabbed my arm. "No. You're going to class."

I glared at his hand and then grabbed his belt buckle, giving it a good shake. "Someone needs to slip off their bossy pants."

He jerked in surprise and I let go with a laugh.

"Class, Vhalerie." His jaw tightened and I held his stern glare with my signature, dark smile.

"Ya know, Mister. Ya could've asked nicely." I turned towards the direction of the academy and he failed to follow along my side. "Aren't ya coming?" I stepped in front of him. "Look, asshole. You go, I go. Forest or class?"

He peeled his attention off of the trees and looked down at me. "Fine." Satisfied, I made a one eighty degree spin before he asked, "Wait-can you walk?"

I rolled my ankle as the skin healed over my cuts. "Grand spanking new," I said and kicked one leg out, giving it a lil' shimmy.

I led us back to the trail, picking our pace to a steady run. I heard the footfall of Archer behind me and ran a little harder, suddenly feeling the wrongness of being alone with him in a forest.

But his heavy breaths only heightened in volume and I wanted to zip ahead, away from this wrong vibe between us. While jumbled in my thoughts, the sound of his breath shifted to my side and he started matching my strides next to me.

"What...What do you do when everyone else is asleep?" he persisted.

We broke through the forest, shoes making squishing noises as we treaded through the puddles. "I do what keeps me awake."

I noticed parts of his shirt darken. "Like...what?"

Water splashed against my bare legs, feet soaked and now heavy.

His lack of knowledge could be used to my advantage. I smirked and kept looking forward. "I'm not telling you."

We separated at the dorms and decided to meet outside of his room since I assured I would get ready faster than him. Once in my room, I kicked off my muddy shoes, stripping off the damp sports bra and tossed it onto the empty second bed beside mine.

Jumping in and out of the shower, I squeezed into a dress and gathered my pink hair into pigtails. I dug my hand into the jar sitting on my desk and pulled out a gumball, slamming the door behind me.

I popped it in my mouth and chewed all the way to the dorms. "Where is he?" I asked. Archer pointed to the fat lump under Roger's blanket and I marched over, grabbed two chubby ankles and pulled.

A ground shaking thud and creative exchange of profanity later, the three of us walked down to our first class.

"I'm warning you. I'm an expert at physics," Archer said.

My brows slightly came together. "Physics? We don't have physics."

Roger pulled a sandwich out of his pocket and started biting into it. As he spoke, chunks of saliva-covered wheat spat onto his shirt. "Our schedules rotate every day. Yesterday's second period class is now today's."

Archer stuck out his bottom lip. "Oh." He looked down at his binder, checking the schedule. "Then what class are we attending?"

Roger swallowed his breakfast and we both exchanged dark smiles. "It's a surprise," I said. Roger smirked behind his sandwich as Archer gave us a confused look.

When we reached the locker rooms, I departed into the women's side and immediately the chatter stopped. Girls glimpsed in my direction and quickly snatched their bags to vacate space on the bench for me.