+ the 5 with the Coach Isaac +

Start from the beginning

On a damp patch of leaves, I laid cradled against a tree and wrapped both my arms around my waist in useless comfort. I was getting used to this defenceless, pathetic position, was I?

Footsteps rushed toward me and I remained still. "What the hell?" a voice furiously spat. Someone snatched my wrists and I couldn't even fit a word before the man yanked me up, spinning to face him. "Are you hurt?"

My mouth was left agape at Archer's scrunched up expression.

His worried gaze roamed over my head and shoulders, and he dug his nails into my arm, checking my legs and then finally my ankles. "Did it hurt you? You're bleeding."

Archer...caring?

"For justice's sake, can you not do something stupid?"

I wiped the surprise off my features and shoved his hands away. "I'm fine. The blood actually compliments my shoes. Red socks are in this season too."

He scooped my legs up and almost got away with carrying me bridal style but I flailed my arms in natural defense.

"Ow! Your thumb is in my eye!" he cried out.

"Put me down, ya fucking catatonic feeble-minded pulp!"

"That was my chin!"

"Do ya want to feel the wrath of my elbow?!"

His grip slipped and my butt hit the dirt. "If I was human, you'd make a shit-tastic hero. Damsel in distress, my ass. Literally," I mumbled in a rush. He extended a hand. "Touch me and I rip ya ears off and pin 'em to your nose."

"Ungrateful bitch," Archer said, pocketing his hand.

The string of profanity was caught in my throat and I watched his brows come together, staring off to where the beast left.

I stood up. "Was that the 'something' you're looking for?"

His eyes remained fixed on the darkness that laid ahead. "I don't know. I was too busy saving your ass." His brows narrowed even further and he kicked a rock, watching it land somewhere afar. "Should've went after it and left you..."

"But you didn't. Were you following me?"

He finally met my gaze, and I nearly stumbled back at his crazy eyes. "Why in the name of justice are you out at this time?!" He threw a hand up and gave my shoulder a good shove. "You may find pleasure in living the life of a horror film but stupid people who go into forests alone always get chopped up and die! Being out past four in the morning is fucking insane!" I mentally saw his gears turn and his eyes softened, hands dropping to his waist. "Why don't you sleep?"

I watched his eyes dilate, imagining his mind getting tied up in his web of questions. The apples of my cheeks pushed up as I smiled. "Oh, muffin. I kinda like seeing ya go all cray cray crazy for me. It's hella adorbs."

"Vhalerie!"

"Archer!" I mocked him and laughed. " So why'd ya stay with me instead of chasing that scaly beast?"

"I should have." Archer's voice projected in a different direction. "I should've went after it." With my glowing eyes, I saw him stroke a thumb over his arm. "But perhaps that beast could've been your average night crawler."

"Yes." I rolled my eyes. "It was probably a mutant raccoon. Glowing red eyes and"-I saw the new teeth marks on his skin-"a taste for trash."

Strips of sunlight peeked through the green canopy and his glare seemed scarier now that I could see it better. "And now I'll never know because of your idiocy."