STT ~ Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Potions Accident
Harry

As I wake up I am greeted with the sunlight beaming through the curtains and Ron shreaking like a child. I pull open the curtain and shout 'What the bloomin heck do you think your doing Ron?!' He immediately stops and looks at me guiltily. 'Sorry mate, there's a spider!' He says jumping onto my bed, hiding behind me. I shove him off and laugh at his immaturity.

After taking a shower and getting dressed Hermione, Ron and I walk down to the great hall together. After a few minuets I see Draco walk in and I notice him looking at me before he sits down as if wondering whether or not to talk to me. 'See I told you he likes you!' Ron says wiggling his eyebrows. I laugh and look over at him (Draco) seeing his silvery grey eyes staring back at me.

Blushing I look away and carry on eating being slightly put off by Ron shoveling food in his mouth like he's never been fed before. I look away and carry on eating occasionally looking at Draco, every time seeing him looking back at me.

After we have finished eating we head down to potions and I realize that we have Snape. I frown realizing that He will out me next to someone I hate again. We walk in the door and I immediately hear Snape shout 'Mr. Potter please seat yourself next to Mr. Malfoy!' I try as hard as I can to hold back a smile but a small sigh leaves my lips as I sit next to Draco.

I can barely hear Snape's lecture about what option were making as I am daydreaming about Draco and I find myself looking up at him dreamily. I am pulled from my thoughts by a loud voice right in my ear. 'Mr. Potter! If you would so kindly tell is what is so decimating about Mr.Malloy that you find it fit to not pay attention in my class I believe we would all be delightfully pleased!' Snape shouts. I jump and turn around, almost falling off my chair.

I look around nand notice everyone looking at me and holding back laughter. I look at Draco and I see that he is blushing and smirking at me. 'Uh nothing sir' I say turning back to Professor Snape. He sneers at me and walks back to the front of the class. '10 points from Gryffindor for not paying attention in class!' He says in his deep, monotone voice.

'Harry, you go get the ingredients and I'll set up the cauldron' Draco says. 'D-did you just call me Harry?' I ask him stunned. 'That is your name isn't it Potter?' I shake my head and walk over to the cabinet collecting what we need.

'Hey harry, does this look okay?' Draco asks holding up the cauldron and showing me it's contents. I am about to reply when I hear someone beside me. 'Oi Potter, finished chekimg out Malfoy yet. Stupid queer!' (A/N aargh, it took me 3 minuets to be able to type that disgusting word.... I am totally supportive of all races and sexualities! No judgement here) He shoves me backwards, right into Draco making the potion we're making skill all over him. ' What the hell do you think your doing? Your such an i- aagh!' He screams falling to the floor in pain.

'What is going on here?!' Snape shouts looking down at Malfoy then turning to the guy who shoved me. 'Detention for a week Mr. Zabini and 10 points from Slytherin for such foul discrimination!' Snape walks off telling me to 'take Mr. Malfoy to the hospital wing!'

'Are you okay?' I ask him. 'Y-' He begins to say before He screams, falling to the floor in pure agony. 'What's happening?' I ask and he seems reluctant to answer but says 'I don't know' I help him up and he takes my hand smiling slightly at my attempt to help him up.

When we arrive in the Hospital ward and Madame Pomfrey immediately takes in the sight of Malfoy and gasps, pulling him into the ward. She lays him on a bed and asks what happened. 'Well we were making a potion for Professor Snape and Blaise Zabini came over and started calling Harry a q- well a homophobic word, and then he shoves Harry into me spilling the potion on me.' Draco explains. 'Someone must have slipped something into the potion for it to affect you when you speak. Does it hurt every time you speak, or just sometimes?' Madam Pomfrey asks. 'I think it's when he lies' I cut in. They both look at me like I've grown two heads.

'What I mean is that when Draco lies about being okay it hurt him and then when he lied about Blaise being an idiot, because he's actually quite smart, it hurt him then aswell' I explain. Madame Pomfrey looks at me knowingly and then turns to Draco. 'I'll be right back boys, be careful in here' She says leaving the Hospital ward.

'Harry, can I ask you something?' Draco asks. I nod my head and he carries on 'Well about what Zabini said in Potions' He says pausing for my reaction. I know exactly where he's going with this 'Yes'
'Uh are you? G-Gay I mean?' He asks biting his lip nervously. I nod my head turning to face him. 'Yeah. Uhm what does it feel like?' I ask 'The pain When you lie?' He thinks about it for a second before replying 'Its like Someone has hit you with the Cruciatus curse!' I frown in displeasure at the thought of Draco being in that much pain.

When Madame Pomfrey returns I get off the side of the bed and unintentionally grab hold of Draco's hand. What surprised me though is that instead of pushing me away and calling me a freak or some crude homophobic joke he grabs my hand tighter and entwined his fingers with mine.