Unexpected Stop

Steve sighs as he enters the elevator of SHIELD and tries to keep his cool. Steve is pretty good at being in a team and usually ends up being in charge but Tony just doesn't listen to him and always does the most reckless things.

Tony always tries to do the thing he thinks are right but if he doesn't ask or talk with the team about the idea , it just ends up being dangerous and simply shows he doesn't care what happens to himself and especially others around him. It's arrogant. That's one of the things Steve hates about Tony and the list goes on.

The elevator opens and Steve heads to grab his bag. Suddenly a voice rises behind him " You want to talk about it?" It's Natasha. She is always good at reading people especially Steve.
" I suppose you heard my mission?" Steve replies.

Natasha just stares and then says
" well, no but I think I can guess" Steve just nods. " You always have the same look on your face after you fight or are thinking about Tony" Steve just laughs and says " Is it that obvious?"

Natasha laughs back "No but for me it is, you know ...Tony really wants to try and fix the relationship" Steve looks away and whispers "It sure doesn't seem like it from the last time we talked .." Natasha looks at Steve in the eyes and says "You should know Tony actually respects you and idolizes you..you were and will probably always will be his childhood hero"

Before Steve can reply, his phone dings, it's a text from Nick.

"Hurry up, Tony isn't really the waiting type"
-Nick F.
"Okay okay, I'm going :( "
-Steve R.

Steve looks up from his phone "I really appreciate everything Natasha, I promise I will try my best to get along with him, I have to go" Natasha just smiled bright, one of her rarest type of smiles and says "Good luck, Steve and please try for the team"

Steve leaves Natasha with his bag and heads to the main entrance. He immediately spots Tony's car. A black 4 door Ferrari with tinted black windows. Steve waves goodbye to the receptionist and opens the door.

Steve walks over to the car and hits the window lightly. Tony looks up from his Stark phone and unlocks the door. Steve opens it and says "Hello Stark, I wasn't expecting you to be driving"

Tony laughs "I don't like when other people drive me if I have the option to drive myself, I do it myself..." Tony suddenly looks away as if he doesn't want to talk about that topic anymore, Steve wonders.

Tony quickly regained himself and says "You can call me Tony, no need for such formalities" Steve just laughs a little "okay....Tony " They both smile.

Before Tony starts explaining the target, Steve quickly took out his drawing book and started taking  notes.

Minutes pass and Steve has filled 2 and a half pages with information on the target.

Steve sighs in relief about how easy it has been to talk to Tony. Of course there were plenty of  sudden moments of awkwardness but in general time was passed in a official way. Seems they both got the talk about getting along from Fury.

After some time a alarm rings from Tony's Phone. He turns it off and then says " Do you mind if I do something before I drop you off? It will take less then 3 minutes, I swear"

Steve respects Tony's business and doesn't ask what he needs to do. Steve realizes it must be something important since he had a reminder alarm for it. Steve just nods and says "No it's fine, I don't mind"

Minutes of silence pass while Steve revises his notes on the target and starts drawing Tony's car in his book and suddenly the car stops.

Tony opens the door and gets out. " I'll be back in a minute Steve , you fine with waiting?" Steve just nods without looking up, being too concentrated on his drawing.

Tony closes the door, Steve realizes that Tony had left the keys in the ignition probably for Steve's comfort.

Steve continues drawing when suddenly a loud bell starts ringing. It can't be what he thinks it is.

Steve confused as ever, lowers the window to see exactly where he is since he can't see perfectly through the Ferraris tinted black windows.

Steve realizes they had stopped outside of a school.  A school not at all like he would imagine Tony Stark stoping by.....

Specially when it's a very normal looking elementary school.

( Things will get better in the next few chapters, get your feels ready 😂 :)
I'm really glad some people have liked it, if you guys have suggestions or anything comment below 💕💋 )

P.S I'm so sorry for grammar or spelling mistake :(