Chapter 6

I walked around the bedroom to gather my bag and a few supplies in Harry's draw that I thought would be useful. walking to the door I remembered something... Harry's picture. I unlocked the cupboard to find the photo frame he had taken down a few days ago and placed it in there. I pick it up and quickly shove it in my backpack, smiling to myself.

"I'm ready," I spoke reaching the bottom of the stairs to see everyone else standing near the door with a bag and some type of weapon.

"Everyone quiet," Zayn whispered opening the door slowly. Niall sneezed when we took our first few steps out of the house, which didn't receive a very happy look from the majority of the group.

Harry and I stood at the back, slightly rubbing arms every few steps which I slightly smiled at. Having Harry by my side made me feel safe.

"Are you feeling better now?" Harry nudged my shoulder slightly, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"I heard you screaming in your sleep," A little gasp fell from my lips, I can't believe he heard me.

"Yeah, just a bad dream," I faked a small smile trying to convince him. He didn't make another sound from that moment on, he must have known it was a touchy subject.

//

A few hours past and we were all exhausted; our feet were aching and our body was too weak to walk another minute. Zayn spotted a small shopping mall on the next street. When we entered the boys held up their weapons to protect themselves and slowly walked through. Harry swiped a box off the counter causing a loud noise, goosebumps rose on my skin as I figured out what they were trying to do. Silence.

"It's clear," Louis came around the corner nodding his head to everyone, and it was then I noticed movement behind him. My mouth hung open with fear as I gripped Liam's hand.

"Lou, behind you," my voice was low so the monster couldn't hear. Louis sharply turned holding his metal bat close to his chest until he saw it. He swung it around like a maniac, screaming something I couldn't understand. If this wasn't as dangerous as it was it would probably be funny. But we now live in a world where no humour is allowed.

My heart was beating at a speed that I'm sure everyone could hear. The tip of the bat hit the zombie in the temple causing it to lose balance and tumble to the ground, but that didn't stop it. Those things won't stop trying to eat you until they've got nothing else to give.

It made a gurgling sound before gripping Louis' leg and dragging him to the floor. Perrie and I both screamed while Harry grabbed Louis' arm. Zayn triggered his gun and aimed it at the monsters head. Blood was all over Louis and Harry when they finally stood to their feet.

I was breathing just as heavy as everyone around the room, my chest heaved up and down quickly while I looked directly into Harry's eyes.

"Alright," Liam sucked in a sharp breath before continuing. I draped his arm over my shoulder so he could have more balance. "Anna, Perrie and I will grab some food while you four set up beds for us to sleep in, make sure we're all close together. The sun is setting and it's not safe roaming the streets in broad daylight." Great, so now we have to live like bats. Sleep during the day while we have to sneak around at night.

////

"What did you want to do after you left school?" Harry slumped lower in the pile of pillows they found in the bedroom section.

"I always loved singing and acting but that was a dream I knew I couldn't achieve. I was actually going to study to become a doctor." He smiles.

I rolled my head away from him and stared up at the ceiling. We spent two hours blocking up the windows and doors so the sunlight didn't distract us while we were asleep and our position wasn't compromised.

"What about you, Anna?"

"A veterinarian. I've always loved animals." He looked at me with a small smile tugging at his lips. "My mum was a vet. She was in love with her job so she always used to take Liam and I into work to play with the animals and showed us how she did certain things. It always fascinated me." My heart ached talking about my mother. I miss her so much.

"Your mum sounds awesome," he said wiping away a stray tear from my cheek. I sniffled and wiped my eyes with my sleeve.

"She was."

"You need some sleep, Harry. You look dreadful." He gasped and scrunched his face together making me giggle.

"Aren't you a delight."

"I surely am." I love this. I love having someone I can be myself with, finally. Not that Liam and I didn't spend quality time together, it just wasn't like this.

I yawned and tucking my head into the soft pillow that Harry offered me to have. I was slowly drifting off to sleep before he slowly covered both of us with a blanket.

"Goodnight." I smiled and fell into a peaceful sleep with Harry right next to me.

Someone screamed making me jolt awake. Harry groggily sat up and wiped his eyes.

"Who was that?" Liam quickly sat up. He was laying in front of Harry and I with Zayn and Perrie beside him.

"I don't know."

"Where's Louis?" Niall stood to his feet in a rush. Harry pulled himself up while panic took over his handsome features.

A growl made all of us turn to the left spotting a monster dripping drool mixed with blood onto the white tiles. Its head twitched a few times before it charged straight for Niall and Liam. Where the hell was it hiding?

"Move!" Niall screamed to Liam as well as pushing him out of the way. I jumped straight up and pulled out Zayn's gun that is sitting beside him.

"Niall, move!" I pull the trigger back and shoot at it's leg, it growls louder and is now running towards me. I aim it again this time towards the head. It skims it's ear, pulling flesh back and causing a dark pile of blood to land on the floor.

"God dammit!" My shaky hands aim at it's head once more and pull the trigger just before it reaches me. Blood goes all over me and our once white beds. The body dropped to the floor at my feet but I kicked it's hand away that fell onto my bare foot.

Niall looked at me as if he was saying thank you, without saying a word. I smiled at myself, I actually killed it.

"Wow." I gushed. I can feel the heat bouncing off my face, I've suddenly become extra sweaty and hot.

"That's till doesn't explain the scream, zombies can't talk, or scream."

"Louis!" Harry cupped his hands around his mouth and walked through an isle. The rest if us spread out in hope to find Louis. I know what everyone's thinking and I hope to god it's not true.

"Oh my god!" Perrie shrieked on the other side of the isle and I can hear her bare feet slap the ground as she runs pat me. I look behind her and see what I was hoping not to be real. His hair is flat on his face, his eyes are bloodshot but a grey tinge surrounds them with vomit like drool dripping from his lips. His body limp and bent while he chases after Perrie and I.

Louis is one of them.

///

AN: So I think you should vote and comment! It only takes a few second and would really mean a lot!