"You look like shit darling." She said. Nodding I agreed with her and then tried to go inside when she stepped in my way.

                "Where are you going?" She asked. Using all my strength I cracked open my eyes to see her with this devilish smile on her face. Sighing I knew I wouldn't like what was going to happen next.

                "I was going to go lay down for a bit, maybe vomit some… you know relax." I said. Shaking her head her smile brightened.

                "You can do all that once you've helped them unload the truck of all your shit. Put it in the garage, neatly and then you can lie down and maybe have a vomit." She said stepping back inside the house shutting the door in my face. I tittered there hoping this was a prank that any moment she'd open the door but I wasn't that lucky.

                "MCCLANE! GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR AND HELP US WITH YOUR SHIT!" My dad yelled from the truck. Turning to him I swallowed hard.

                "Fuck."

Dover's POV:

I sat there staring at the reports in my hand. They were handwritten accounts from the survivors of the convoy ambush… all but Sean. When I got them I sat frozen unsure what to do. Julie told me I had an hour before she had to take the reports and submit them. Forcing my hands to move I pulled the cover back and started reading. One after another my stomach tightened. They were so concerned with getting those outpost updated they disregarded Sean's request for an extraction. If what my dad said is true and Troy Kirkland is so important why risk the rebels getting close to him. They should have sent the other convoys in and made Sean's convoy priority. Instead they let them go in blind and lives were lost. This whole thing could have been avoided.

Standing from the table I went to the window and stared out at the lawns of the base. I left here a couple days ago unable to function. Taking some time for me I got my strength back and my mind back in order. I couldn't let myself fall apart when Sean needed me to be strong. Me blubbering all over the place wouldn't be very useful. I made a promise to Sean and I sure as hell was going to keep it. When Julie came to pick up the reports I felt my resolve solidify. No matter what the outcome was for Sean I would be there for McClane no matter what. Even if he blamed me for the entire thing I would still be there. Of all the awful things I'd thought about McClane I found my hatred unfounded. Yeah we were both in love with the same guy but I couldn't hold that against him.

When he told me his side of what happened in Fiji I understood what he'd gone through. He was afraid and fear makes you do some shady things. I knew in my heart of hearts he loved Sean just as much if not more than me. Who was I to deny him his chance at happiness when it was apparent he'd worked hard to get over the same fear that caused him to run in the first place. Heading for the exit I'd made up my mind to drive down to see McClane when I was picked up my father's security detail. They escorted me to his office where my brothers sat waiting for me.

                "Did I do something?" I asked immediately after security left the office. Shaking his head my dad motioned to the empty chair. Reaching over to his phone he picked up the receiver.

                "Carla patch Dr. Rhinestein through please." He said. Putting the phone on speaker he took his seat behind the desk and waited soon there was a crackling noise on the line and I could hear someone yelling in the background.

                "This is Dr. Rhinstein." A voice said. He sounded like English was his second language but he'd studied very hard to speak it well.