Chapter 2

“Tomathy!” I kicked the Bolton boy’s shin under the table.

            “Hey!” he yelped

            “Give me back my bacon.”

            “Yeesh, it’s just a piece of bacon!” he plopped the bacon back on the plate.

            “You don’t mess with Chloe and her bacon,” Siva laughed “She is a big bacon fan”

            “I wouldn’t have a problem with it if maybe I didn’t grow up having to fight to get bacon, because someone,” I pointed a finger at Siva, “Always stole mine!”

            All the boys laughed and watched in awe as I bickered back and forth with Siva throughout breakfast. After we finished our meal we ended up back at my house, strewn across the couches and the floor.

            “This is boring.” Nathan moaned.

            “What do you suggest we do?” Max quirked an eyebrow.

            “We could go play football at the park down the road.” Siva suggested.

            “OH YEAH!” I shot out of my chair and ran upstairs to get changed. After changing into some shorts and a tank top I pulled on my trainers and skipped down the stairs.

            “You play football?” Jay asked in awe.

            “I guess you’ll just have to wait and see won’t you?” I smirked walking past him. “Alright boys c’mon” I ushered everyone out the door.

            Siva and I lead everyone down the road to the small park, with a huge field. Once we got there I pulled out the football from my backpack and tossed it at Tom.

            “Who’s playing?” I turned and looked at the boys.

            All of them wanted to play so we split up into two teams – Me, Siva and Jay on one, Tom, Max and Nathan on the other – and began the game. We played a couple of games, my team winning every time, before we decided to take a break.

            “I have never…met a girl….who could play….football…like you…” Tom panted taking a long drink of his water.

            I smiled and took Siva’s water from his hands and took a drink. “Hey!” he whined.

            “Deal with it Kaneswaran” I placed it back into his hand.

            “Oh, it’s on James” He took a drink of the water and then poured it over my head.

            “SIVA!” I shouted grabbing a spare water bottle and pouring its contents all over Siva, wetting down his whole shirt.

            With those two simple actions, it turned into a full blown water fight, well at least until we ran out of water bottles. Siva grabbed another water bottle and stood outside the bathroom door, when Nathan opened the door he never saw it coming, the water fell over his head and shoulders, drenching him.

            I laughed and ran away as Jay chased after me with a bottle. I tripped and reached for Jay’s arm, pulling him down with me, as the water bottle fell out of his hand and we rolled down the hill, clutching onto each other.

            I screamed the whole way down, once at the bottom Jay and I’s heads hit and I began seeing two of him. He was leaning over me, looking me in the eyes. I looked up at him then to the other Jay I was seeing. He smiled and got off me, darting back up the hill.