Chapter 7

“Good morning babe” Jay kissed my cheek and smiled at me. I was staying in his hotel with him, Tom, and Nathan. They were still off of tour, so that I would have time to get ready to go with them. It had been a week after my mum’s funeral.

            “Hi.”

            “How long have you been up?”

            “An hour or so.” I handed him a cup of coffee.

            “Why didn’t you wake me?” He took a sip.

            “Because it was quiet, it gave me time to think.”

            “About?” He took my hand and led me to the couch, I sat on one end Indian style and he sat the same way, on the opposite end.

            “Life.”

            “Mm” He nodded, knowing I probably wouldn’t go into detail if he asked, and “So… the boys are going out today, they want to go to an amusement park. Do you want to go?”

            “Not really, but you can.”

            “I’m not leaving you here alone.”

            “I’ll be fine if you want to go, I promise.”

            “Nope!” he insisted, set his coffee cup down and then moved closer to me, “ I think I’m going to go on a REAL date with my wonderful, amazing, perfect, strong girlfriend.”

            I blushed and smiled, “What are you and this incredible girlfriend of yours going to do on your date?”

            “Well, first we’re gonna go get some breakfast, then we’ll go watch Iron Man 3, then we’ll eat lunch, then shop till she drops, and I’ll carry her back here and make her dinner.”

            “An all-day date?” my jaw dropped.

            “The best for the best.”

            “You’re too good to me.”

            “I know” he winked and kissed my cheek.

 I stood from the couch and went into Jay and I’s room. I shook my head at the mess, Man I have a lot of stuff. I thought. After stepping over piles of my stuff, and jay’s bed he made on the floor, I got to the correct suitcase. I pulled out some shorts, a black tank top, and a yellow cardigan. After slipping into them I put my hair in a messy bun and then applied a bit of makeup. While I was digging for my shoes I found a picture of my mom and I about a week before she passed.

I thought I had put all the pictures in a separate box, so it took a minute to realize what the picture was of, but once I did, I was instantly in tears. I felt my eyeliner slowly dripping down my cheeks.

A minute later, I was still standing in the middle of the room, tears streaming down my face, when there was a knock on the door. “Chloe?” Jay’s voice came through the door.

“Jay…” I made my way to the door and opened it. As soon as he saw my tears he wrapped me into his arms.

“What’s wrong Clo?” He whispered, I lifted my hand up and showed him the picture I found. He took it and set it out of the way then turned back to me and helped me calm down.

A little while later and I had finally found my shoes. I slipped them on and we made our way out the back of the hotel to the car.

“Breakfast still sound good?” Jay started the car and turned on some music.