Chapter 3

SLYTHERIN?! But I was hoping for Ravenclaw my house in my time. I guess the hat sorted me into Slytherin because of my mission or maybe I was subconsciously wishing for it. Anyway it meant it was easier for me to get to know this Tom Riddle but they say there isn't a Witch or Wizard that doesn't go wrong in Skytherin. All my ancestors were in Slytherin too, going all the way back to Antioch who claimed the Elder Wand from "Death".

I slid off the stool and made my way to the table on the far right, to a whole table of people clapping and cheering. Well most of them anyway with the exception of a boy with dark features, pale skin and a cold expression, sitting between a girl whose eyes were literally glued to him though it was a wonder she could see anything past that pug nose... Oh right anothwr Parkinson... Merlin's beard, I'm acting like a right old Slytherin now. She can't help her nose shape and km sure she is terribly nice unlike her yet to be born yet relative.

I settled down in a seat next to a red head who made room for me on the bench.

The girl on the other side of me with blonde locks tapped my shoulder.
"Hi I'm Amber." She held out her hand which I shook, greeting the friendly stranger.

"I'm-"

"Isis? I heard." Amber nodded, slowly turning her head back to face the first years being sorted.

"So how come you've come here?" She asked, watching a boy have the hat firmly placed onto his head.

"... Urr...T- transfer student." I smiled nervously. "From B- Bowbeutons... Fifth year" I stated, trying to sound more confident.

"You mean Beauxbatons?" Amber gave me a weird look.

I fake yawned and stretched my arms out slightly "Long day." I said as if that cleared up everything. Damn I suck at this and I've literally just gotten here.

She seemed to buy it or otherwise just ignored me (which is more likely, let's face it) as she rose out of her seat clapping for the boy joining Slytherin.

"Anyway..." Amber said, sitting back down. "You know you sound really English. Beauxbaton students are usually French. Where do you come from?"

I just sat there dumbstruck. "Urrr..." I said, cleverly. Yeah real smooth Isis.

"But like what's the real deal? I thought the French were blonde and had blue eyes. You're just boring."

I never said I was French... And hey! My parents probably gave me this hair and eye colour! Not that I care... Like do you see my parents looking out for me now? Noooo. Just gave me up. Just like that. Well, at least they were charitable, giving me up for adoption and all or did they just leave me outside someone's door?
Well Mother does have the excuse of being dead... But what about my Father? Haven't heard from him. Maybe he's dead too... I swear he was a follower of the Voldemort.

As Amber rambled on I turned away from her and saw the boy with black hair glaring at me. What a creep.
I suddenly felt a shooting pain in my left wrist and I clenched my jaw to try and look as calm as possible but it didn't go past that boy's notice as he raised one eyebrow to me.
I bowed my head down and pulled down my right sleve and read the number 730 scribed delicately onto my skin. If anyone saw it, it would probably look like one of those tattoo things the Muggles can wear.

730 days to live. I know it might not seem like a lot but to me it's literally a life line. Each day when the numbers change I feel more and more hopeless. I know I'm going to die but it's nice to pretend that maybe there's some mystery cure someone is going to find before my number's up.

I grasped my wrist and looked towards the sorting hate for a distraction.

"Laura Williams!"
Muggle I thought. Got nothing against Muggles, I'm just saying...

The Laura girl went bright pink and sat on the stool like many before her.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" The hat shouted.

Really? Really? Like what the hell is a Hufflepuff? Who would want to be a Hufflepuff? Got nothing agaisnt Hufflepuffs, I'm just saying...

After the tedious session was over- and yes I say tedious because having lived in Hogwarts ally life I've seen a lot of sortings- Professor Dippet raised his glass and mumbled a few words no one could hear before a huge feast appeared on the table.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" The ash blonde asked opposite me.

"Not really that hungry..." I murmured, quietly.

"So you are a bit hungry at least?" She said quirkily, smiling at me.

"Well..." I said, before a smile rose on my face. "Maybe, a bit."

"Try the trifles." She said looking at the bowl of trifle in front of her longingly. "They're meant to be delicious."

"Why don't you have any?" I asked l, trying to sound polite but I'm pretty sure that it came off like I thought the trifle was poisoned or something.

"Oh..." She sighed and looked to the teacher's table. "You see that woman on the end?" She whispered. "That's my Mother and she makes sure I don't eat anything well like trashy or anything. I love her but she's very strict and I just wish she wouldn't be so tight on a lot of subjects."

"Oh... Well I'm lactose intolerant so I can't have any either." I said smiling at her as if that made everything better.

The girl nodded and looked down at her plate, picking at the whole grain sandwich she was supposed to eat.

I'm really bad at conversation, sorry!

I took one of the pot of trifles and hid it in my cloak.

"I thought you said-" The girl protested.

"It's not for me." I winked at her, smiling mischievously.

The girl grinned at me excitedly. Thank you she mouthed.

"What's your name?" I asked just relizing how rude it was of me not to have asked yet.

"Eileen Prince." She said. "And-" she said something else but I was too lost in thought to hear. Eileen Prince... Where had I heard that name?
Father told me... He told me something... Wait, he showed me an old newspaper that said Eileen Snape had given birth to a- Eileen Snape? Eileen Prince married Tobias Snape therefore their son must have been Severus Snape. My head!
Severus was my Godfather, allocated by my Father and even though he was distant and horrible sometimes we do get along enough to a conversation or two with eachother. I'm sure he said something at least once about his parents.

"Isis?" Eileen looked at me, bequlierlly. "Are you all right?"

"M-me? Urr yeah. Just urr thinking." I smiles assuringly... Or tried to... Damn me and my infernal terrible lying skills.

I kept feeling like I was being watched. I could just sense the eyes boring intinto my soul.

I turned back to face the boy again to see I he was still staring and I saw him talking to the Parkinson girl.

Stop being so parinoid, Isis!

"C-can we go?" I asked Eileen.

Talk about not being paranoid...

"But you haven't eaten!" She huffed.

"Like I said, not hungry." I justified, rising from the bench.

Dumbledore winked at me from the teacher's table and I smiled back, before leaving the hall with Eileen but I swear I saw that boy's dark eyes following me out.