Chapter 2

It was the time of year when the days grew shorter and the moon became brighter at night. Frost nipped at Jenny's toes and fingers - she she had forgotten to bring a coat. The wind blew in the Doctor's old, wrinkled face. Both of them shivered. Their teeth chattered and goosebumps were on their arms. Nobody had noticed the peculiar pair, people let them be swept along the crowd. That's the best thing about London, people don't judge you. Everyone in the London crowd kept their heads down and themselves to themselves. Only the young children seemed happy and their parents seemed annoyed.

Finally, the Doctor and Jenny arrived. They saw Madam Vastra leaving, her lace veil covered her green scaly face, but she was still recognisable amongst the many people. Fighting their way through the crowd, the Doctor and Jenny caught up with Vastra. "Vastra, I need you, it's important!" The Doctor bombarded Madam Vastra, his voice was louder and different to other people's voices.

"And hello to you, Doctor," replied Vastra, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "We'll talk about it when we get back to the house. Any way, where's Strax?"

"He's cleaning. He didn't even ask if he could come. Or suggest that we bring and weapons." Jenny said, and smiled kindly.

"That's strange-" Madam Vastra started.

"I knew something was suspicious." The Doctor rudely interrupted. His mind was constantly working.

They strolled down the busy London streets. A slight breeze blew in the opposite direction to the Doctor, Madam Vastra and Jenny. Wisps of hair dark brown hair flew away from Jenny's face. Madam Vastra's black lace viel stuck to her scaly green face. THe Doctor's coat flew away behind the Doctorin the breeze, getting in the way of the people behind him. People were muttering to each other in the freezing cold, huddling together.

It seemed like ages until they got to their massive house. As always,the Doctor went into the house first, leaving Madam Vastra and Jenny standing in the freezing cold, rolling their eyes. They marched down the long, dark corridor, past the creepy portraits staring down at them with their beedy eyes.There, at the room at the end of the corridor, was Strax cleaning te floor. His dark blue armour reflected the light coming from the warm orange gas lamps, just like the freshly polished floor. Unusually, Strax did not look up. Jenny's eyebrows, Madam Vastra's and the Doctor's grey angry attack eyebrows knotted together. At that same moment, a confused look washed across their faces. Why didn't Strax look up? He needed to look up; it was Sontaran instinct. They needed to look up to see if the person or people were intruders or not. They needed to see if they person in the same room wanted a fight or not. How could Strax fight his own Sontaran instinct that was wired into him? The instinct that was hardwired into him and every other Sontaran in his clone batch, infact, every Sontaran ever made.

Hi guys! How are you? Sorry I haven't posted in a while a lot has been going on. In this chapter, I've written 506 words! I could do better. I'll do better once I start writing more.
See you guys soon!! 😋
-AMELIE. 😜