Chapter 3: Talking

Rebecca's POV

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice my siblings entering the penthouse. I have given them a spare key, if they ever wanted to crash here they can just enter. Tyler voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"What's wrong ? You don't look good." Tyler asked looking at me worriedly. The twins were also looking worried. 

"I am getting married it seems."  I replied them with a blank look.

All of them looked at me are-you-joking look. When they realised I wasn't, they exploded and said "You are kidding, right ?!" 

I shook my head at them. I was still in shock at the news I was told. 

"WHAT?!" All of them said together.

I explained them everything. They know about my past and so they were worried about me and  considered talking to mom and dad and finding some other solution.

I was so lost and wondering what to do that I didn't notice when it was time for dinner. 

"Let's cook dinner." James declared which snapped with out of my head. I shook my head to clear it a little and agreed but none of the three allowed me to enter the kitchen saying I should relax and leave everything to them.

I am the eldest of them all, next is Tyler who is a year younger than me and the comes the twins, Alex and James. After we graduated from Harvard University, I became the Vice CEO of the company. My father gave option to us to select a person to be next CEO. I choose Tyler but the other three said I am more than capable of handling the CEO post. I gave in to there demands after a long argument with them and my parents were sitting in the sideline and watching us in amusement.  Now, when dad retires I will be the CEO, Tyler the Vice CEO and the twins will be given one department each. We also thought of starting a cloth lines. I and Alex has done fashion and interior designing and Tyler and James have done civil engineering and journalism with our MBA and financing. The twins are 22, Tyler is 24 and I am 25 years old. 

Anyway they all lightened my mood with there bickering. I relaxed and enjoyed my dinner with them.

We all slept together in my room because they did not want me to stay alone, nor did I. They all have separate rooms in my penthouse. They said we will talk about it in morning because I had a eventful day. Slowly I fell asleep with my siblings surrounding me.

I woke up again from my nightmare. Every signal night I dream of that faithful night. My screaming woke the three. Concern was written on their faces. Tyler and James has become protective of me and Alex after that day. Tyler came and hugged me. Once in his embrace, I started crying. Alex and James also hugged us with tears in their eyes. All of them whispering soothing words to me. After I was done, they laid me down in bed. They called the office informing that none of us will come today and to cancel all the meetings for the days and to reschedule it if needed. We all will only attend the board meeting for the day. So, we got ready to go to the office. We went in my car followed by our driver/bodyguard.

Once dad entered the conference room. The boarding meeting started.

"This board meeting was called to inform you all that I am resigning from my CEO post." Dad started. Everyone in that room was shocked.

"Dad why so soon ?" I asked.

"Because I know you all can handle the company just fine without me. And I have been thinking about retiring for some time now. I want to relax with your mother for the rest of my life."  He replied.

We had an empire of hotels all over the world. Dad continued saying as he was smiling at us. 

"I am also appointing my eldest daughter, Rebecca Jones the CEO of the company and Tyler  as the Vice CEO of the company. Does anyone has any objections with my decision?" He continued. 

I held my breath as dad asked that question. 

I had no problem with dad resigning because I know I can handle the company and I also have my family support. Dad was preparing me and my sibling for this since a young age. It's just that I was scared.

When nobody objected I released my breath which I did not realise I was holding. When I faced my siblings, all of them were happy. 

"Now I want my children to show the project they were working on." Dad said and he started the meeting that we all called for.

I looked at my siblings and we started our presentation. We wanted to start a clothing line. I and Alex gave the presentation. At first everyone were doubtful but we were prepared and when they asked us question, we were able to answer. Once they were done, they agreed as they saw we had a clear cut plan without taking any unnecessary risks.

When the meeting was done, dad asked me, Tyler, James and Alex to wait. Once everyone left except of us, dad apologized and said "I am sorry sweetheart. I can't help you and for putting you in this situation."

"Dad, isn't there any other solution? I mean Ree should choose when she is ready to get married and to move on. I think we need to think of some other way." Tyler said. 

"I am sorry son." Dad signed.

"Guys, I wanna go and visit him." I said before my siblings could start a full blown fight with our parents. I didn't need to elaborate myself, they understood whom I meant. Tyler nodded. Then we left with Alex and James after saying goodbye to dad.