Chapter 1: Introduction

After graduation, my father gave me a small amount as capital to start a new business. I'm inclined into designing clothes although I finished a course of management. In this way I could combine both in a very productive way. I asked Leah if she could be my assistant in this new venture. She said it's fine as long as I don't be the strict and demanding boss, I just laugh at this because she knows I'm not that type, she just wants to tease me.

The designs I have in mind is for working ladies, for teenagers and for socialite ladies and this time I'm going to make this dream designs into reality.

After all the hussle and bussle in putting up my mini company, everything was in order all we have to do is have some marketing and we are set to schedule our opening.

Opening of "KAREN PERALTA"

During the opening, most of the guests are my friends and my parents friends. My parents were also there to witness their daughter's very first business venture. I can see how proud my parents are. Now i'm wearing a powder blue cocktail dress designed by me and I love it, it boost my self esteem especially if any of the guests compliments my creation.

While I'm busy attending guests, I didn't notice that my father was at my back and is trying to get my attention by tapping my shoulder.

"Care to have time to attend to your father?" my dad said.

"Dad, come on, I always have time for you." and I gave him a hug and a kiss.

While we are laughing with Dad's kulang sa pansin act, a handsome young man wearing a black suit with a height of about 5'8" and with a fine built was approaching and I can't seem to recognise him but my father did.

"Oh, Karen, meet Darren Ocampo, Darren this is my one and only daughter Karen Peralta"

We shake our hands and he said, "Nice to meet you Ms. Peralta, I'm glad to finally meet you, your father has told me a lot of things about you."

Dad added, " Karen, Darren is one of our partners in some of our hotels, he is one of the youngest businessman here in our city. He's a son of my good friend Enrico Ocampo, you've met Eric, right?"

"Of course I know Tito Eric,  but how come we haven't even seen each other during functions that your father is present?"

Darren said, "I was based in the States for quite sometime, since my father is good friends with Tito Efren, he suggested if I would be interested in venturing into business with him. I studied the market and clearly, you're company is one of the most stable one in the Philippines right now."

"As I can see, you're more on a different business side. I think ladies nowadays really has good sense of style, I'm positive that you're shop will boom in the next months and you'll have your next branch in no time." he added.

"Well thank you. I hope I can see you in my next branch opening." I Said

"I think you've been getting along to well." Dad said with a wide grin on his face. I know he's teasing.

Darren interrupted saying "Well I have to go Tito Efren, Karen. I need to see a good friend, nice to meet you again Karen." this time he kissed me.

This night is just getting better and my smile is different, parang teenager lang na kinikilig sa isang crush. Super thanks to Dad for tagging him along.