PROLOGUE

My name is Karen and I love hanging out with friends to share a good laugh and just simply living life. I'm an only child which means I have all the attention I want from my parents but it has also some downsides. My father Efren Peralta is the CEO of his own company, mostly related to real estate. On the other hand, my mother Karleen is a plain housewife. She's actually different from wives of other CEO's. She's simple, down to earth and always have time for her only daughter. I can't complain with my family. My parents are always there for me. Even though they can provide almost everything to me, I still need to work hard to get some material stuff that I wanted. They didn't spoil me because they don't want to have problems if I become a brat. I'm glad they did it.

I just finished my college degree in one of the prominent schools here in the city. I typically lived a normal life, few people only knew that I'm an only daughter of a CEO. I tried to live a low profile not because I don't want people to like me because I can afford but maybe because I don't want to be governed by how much my father earns. It's a state of mind, I think.

My bestfriends' name is Leah, we've known each other since we are toddlers. Our parents are good friends but we went to different schools. Friends doesn't have to be together all the time to have a good relationship, you just have to understand and trust each other. We have a lot of common friends and we hang out a lot on coffee shops rather than bars or go to parties. We value conversations so we tend to find a place where we can talk.