Chapter 12

Louis and I were standing in the arena. The concert just ended, and we both had big smiles on our faces.

"Oh my goodness, Louis the concert was so amazing! Thank you so much for taking me!" I exclaimed happily.

Louis beamed down at me. "I'm glad you had a good time. I did too." We started leaving the arena. The crowd was pushing and shoving, trying to get out of there quickly, wanting to beat traffic. Someone bumped me, and I fell. Louis grabbed my shoulders, holding me upright. He grinned at me. "You okay there, love?"

I let out a soft laugh. "Yeah, I'm good." Louis chuckled, and slipped his arm around my shoulders, and we continued leaving. I didn't mind this feeling. I leaned against Louis, and I felt a smile appear on my face.

I think I really like Louis. I could see us going on dates, and cuddling together. I felt my cheeks get warm. Here I am dreaming about being with the person right next me. He probably doesn't even like me like that! I'm obviously just a friend to him.

Also, I know he doesn't like me because of the way he acted in high school. He ignored me. I'm apparently very easy to forget, so we'll go our separate ways, and he'll forget about me in no time.

Louis and I finally got out of the arena, and we were heading towards our car. We had to rent a car. It was a small jet black car, with tinted windows. It reminded me of those classic cars you would see in a spy movie or something.

"Here we are," Louis said, unlocking the car. He opened my door for me, offering me a small smile. I was about to go in when I heard some screaming, and I turned around to see a group of five or six teenage girls running towards us. Louis sighed, shutting my door and greeted the girls with a big smile.

"Hello, ladies. How are you tonight?" He asked, opening is arms as the girls started giving him hugs. He gave them all a tight squeeze, and it made me a little jealous. I want him to hold me like that.

No, stop it. Stop thinking like that. I scolded myself in my head.

"Oh my gosh, I cannot believe it's really you!" The one girl yelled excitedly. "Like, what are you doing here?" There were tears in her eyes.

"I love this band! I got some tickets to see them." Louis said, gesturing towards the arena.

"I love this band because you love this band!" One of the other girls screamed loudly, tears running down her cheeks.

Louis just smiled. His posture looked like he just wanted to get in his car and drive away. One of the girls noticed me because her eyes narrowed a little and she asked, "Who's she? Is she your girlfriend, Louis?"

Louis turned around and looked at me. His eyes brightened when he saw me, and a smirk appeared on his face. "Do I know you?" He teased. I froze. I know he was just kidding, or was he really going to do this to me? "Do you want an autograph?" I could tell by his tone he was joking, but all I could do was offer a small smile. Louis laughed and put his arm around my shoulders and brought me closer to his side. "This, ladies, is my good friend Riley. She came with me tonight."

The fans didn't seem too impressed by me. Their eyes scanned me, judging me. "Is she your girlfriend?" One of the girls demanded.

"No," I said quickly. Louis looked down at me, but didn't say anything. "We're just friends." I added.

"Oh, okay." One of the girls said, and she pulled out her phone. "Louis, can we get a selfie?"

Louis nodded his head, and let go of me. I stepped closer to the car, and watched as he posed with all the girls. After they all got a picture, they all wanted another hug, and he bid them all goodbye. They finally went to their cars, Louis sighed, and I saw his shoulders sag.

"You okay?" I asked, gently touching his shoulder.

Louis forced a smile onto his face. "Yeah, I'm fine. Ready to go home?" He offered, and he opened the car door again. I stepped in, and he went around the side and went into the driver seat. We started driving in silence for a few minutes.

I finally cleared my throat and said, "You  handled the fans well." I know, it was lame I just didn't know what to say.

Louis just shrugged and said, "I'm used to it. You didn't do too bad yourself. Most people freeze and stutter and don't know what to do." We both laughed softly at it. It wasn't funny, but it was just one of those things you laugh at to break the ice.

"Well they were asking me questions and I wouldn't want to ruin your reputation." I said. I don't even know where that came from.

Louis raised his eyebrows at me. "What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "I mean, your last girlfriend was model, and I'm just a nobody. Wouldn't want fans thinking you're dating a nobody would you?" I tried to make my tone sound light.

A small smile appeared on Louis' face and he said softly, "If  you're the nobody, I wouldn't mind." I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Was he joking? There's no way he would want to date me. He forgot about me way too much to want to be with me. Louis looked over at me. "But you shot down the idea of dating me." He laughed after he said it.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling my face scrunch up. No I didn't, did I?

"The fans asked if we were dating and you were quick to answer 'no'." Louis said, his voice sounding light and friendly, but I could tell it bothered him.

"Well, that didn't mean I didn't want to date you." I said quietly. "It just meant that I thought I had no chance."

"No chance?" Louis cried, sounding shocked. "What do you mean, no chance?"

I was shocked at his sudden outburst. "What? I mean, you're the famous Louis Tomlinson. You have to pick out a girl who your fans and who your band and your management would approve of." I rambled, feeling nervous. "I'm not that girl."

"That's not true. Any guy would be lucky to have you look at him. I feel like I won a million dollars because you went to a concert with me." Louis said, turning onto a different road.

"Yeah well with the paycheck you get, a million dollars probably isn't that much." I said, a little bitter.

Louis rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean. Riley I would kill for you to look at me." He said, glancing over at me to show that he really cared.

"Well, you've really changed since high school." I muttered.

"What?" Louis asked, and then I saw in his eyes that my words processed. His eyes drooped, and I saw that it made him sad. He swallowed and said, "Yeah." He looked like he wanted to say something else, but couldn't.

I felt a little angry that he can't even justify his behavior in high school. I wanted him to tell me why he ignored me all the time. "Whatever," I said, shaking my head. "High school is in the past, and we probably don't even have a future."

Louis looked intently at the road. "Please don't say that." He said. We came up to a red light, and he sighed, looking down. "Here, if you go on a date with me tomorrow night, I'll explain everything. Deal?"

I was a little shocked at what he just said. In the same sentence, Louis Tomlinson just a. Asked me out on a date. B. Admitted that he was a jerk to me in high school, and c. Offered to explain why he was so mean.

"Uh-sure." I stuttered, a little shocked at this sudden agreement he just proposed to me.

A smile appeared on his lips and looked up at me and winked, "So it's a date."