'Yeah, if that's okay?'

The front door swung open, causing both me and Ashton to look up at the smiling seventeen year old who was standing before us.

'Alexxxx!', he squealed, 'and... Let me get this... Ashhhton?', Jack sang, as Ash nodded in response.

'Guys, what do you want for dinner, mum's left forty dollars?'

'Alex, you said we could have pizza', Jack whined, but I did technically promise him that.

'I did... Is that okay with you, Ash?'

'I-I I don't really feel like anything to be honest'

'Ashton, that's why I brought you here. To eat. Please, just have some food, even just a tiny bit?'

Ashton let out a heavy sigh. 'Fine, but only cause you asked so nicely'

-----

I decided that my plan was successful, as I'd managed to get Ashton to eat two slices. Really, he should've been eating the whole pizza, having not ate for almost three days. However, it was something, and I wasn't going to complain. It was eleven thirty, so we do decided to head upstairs as it was a school night after all. Turns out Jack wasn't actually allowed to stay over, so he'd left a few hours ago by now. It should've seemed awkward, having just gotten friendly with Ashton today, and now he was already sleeping over in my house. But it didn't. It felt right.

'I need to get you pyjamas of some sort...', I said as I opened my wardrobe and rooted through my clothes. Eventually, I just threw him an old band top, and some tracksuit bottoms, and showed him to the bathroom.

'Just get changed in there, take a piss, whatever...'

Ashton's POV

I looked at the clothes which Alex had given me, horrified at the sight of a t shirt. A short sleeved t shirt. I was tempted to ask Alex for a long sleeve, but because I was extremely awkward, I couldn't bring myself to do that. First, I put on the tracksuit pants, which were extremely baggy. As I took off my school shirt, I cringed at the sight of myself in the mirror. At the sight of the bruises. At the sight of how fat I was. Desperate for that view to go away, I pulled the blink t shirt over my head, and headed back to the bedroom.

I had no bracelets on. Absolutely none. Therefore, my arms were bare, and my wrists were clearly visible. From my wrists to the middle of my arms, scars old and new, and day old cuts, were scattered along them. Visible for Alex to see. I held my clothes so that they were covering a fair amount of my arm, and prayed that I could make it into the sleeping bag Alex had set up for me, without him noticing. Quickly, I made my way over to the sleeping bag which I assumed would be very comfortable, but was stopped in my tracks by Alex.

'I'll put these somewhere for you', he said, pulling at my clothes as I tugged back on them harder.

'No, you don't have to do that, it'll be fine, I'll just lay them on the floor next to me'

'Are you sure? Just so they don't get creased, that's all'

'I'm sure, I'm not out for looking presentable anyway', I stated as Alex jumped onto and into his bed. I slid into the sleeping bag which made me feel very restricted, thanking God that Alex was facing the opposite way at that current moment so he wouldn't catch sight of anything. Not that he'd care anyway.

'Goodnight Ash', Alex said, yawning and outstretching his arms. I muttered the same thing in return to him, and waited for him to fall asleep.

Alex's POV

I had a habit of waking up at random times in the night, which wasn't much fun, as it took me a while to fall asleep in the first place all the time anyway. The alarm clock on my beside table read that it was pretty much two thirty, so I still had roughly four hours until I needed to get up. I rolled over to face the other side of my room, and looked down to a non vacant sleeping bag, which confused the shit out of me. I looked towards my bedroom door, which was slightly open, and I could see a slight ray of light coming through the crack in the doorframe. Tiresomely, I forced myself out of my bed, and went into the hallway. The light in the bathroom was on, and so I guessed that Ashton was just using it. I shook it off, and turned back round on my heel towards my room. However, the slight sound of gagging was brought to my attention, which became increasingly louder and more clear as I walked towards the bathroom again. The door was shut, and presumably locked, but I tried the handle anyway. Much to my luck, the door swung open. The splashing of toilet water sounded in the room, and an awful wretching sound followed.