Abandoned // Chapter Thirteen

ALEX'S POV•
"MUM!!" I fall down to where mum is, blood seeping through her chest. "YOU MONSTER! I HATE YOU!" I yell, and hold my mother tight. I push my hand against her wound to stop the blood coming. "Call 911!" I yell to my father, who goes over to the phone. He quickly gives the address. "What happened?" Katherine comes running down, looking frightened. I shake my head and look at mum. You can survive this, i know you can.
Soon the ambulance is here, taking mum away. I want to stay with her, but Katherine leads me to her car and drives me to the hospital. I'm numb. Everything is numb. Completely numb. Like a robot i walk over to the receptionist with Katherine, who is quickly asking for mum. We walk past Christina, Lisa, and Lauren, who ask what's wrong. It feels like i forgot how to speak, there's a lump in my throat and i badly want to get to mum. Katherine ignores them. We turn the corner and look into the room where mum is, but there's a curtain around her bed and i can see lots of feet from under it. "K-kath. What a-are t-they doing?" I stammer nervously. "I don't know Al, i think they're doing some kind of surgery." The word surgery sticks in my head. Was it really that bad? "Surgery?" I ask quietly. I hear Katherine softly sigh next to me. "Guys, what's wrong?" Christina comes around the corner. Katherine turns around and glares at her. "It's mum." I answer. "Mum? What happened?" Katherine doesn't answer, and i know she doesn't want me to either. "Tell me!" Christina yells frustrated. I can tell she's really frightened for our mum. "Leave!" Katherine points towards the corner. "She is also my mother, and i have the right to know what is wrong with her!" Christina yells. "I said, leave." Katherine hisses. Christina glares at Katherine, and then everything happens fast. Christina punches Katherine. Katherine falls to the floor, holding her eye. "What?!" I yell at Christina while kneeling down next to Katherine. Christina stomps off, into the bathroom. The noise makes Lauren and Lisa come too. "What happened?" Lisa asks. "Christina punched Katherine!" I exclaim, with a desperate look. "How can you say that? Christina would never do that. You are such an attention seeker Kath!" Lisa stomps off too. Lauren hesitates. She looks as if she is about to say something. "Lauren, come!" Lisa yells and Lauren gives us an apologetic smile before running off to Lisa. I help Katherine up and she touches around her eye and groans softly. "Shall i go get you an icepack? I'm sure they'll have some here, shall i go ask?" I ask, as Katherine groans in pain a few more times. "No, no. I'm fine." She says before groaning again. Then suddenly doctors, and surgeons come out of mum's room. "Let's go see mum." I say to Katherine softly. When we get into the room mum is asleep. She finally looks peacefully. All the stress of the past weeks really made her sick and tired. I am sick and tired of all this mess. Right now i think Amy must be with Dani, Lauren and Lisa with Christina. I think dad, Michael and the boys are in the waiting room. I don't want dad and Michael here, not after what happened. But after mum wakes up, Christian, Nick and Joey deserve to see their mother. "What happened?" Katherine ask me, eventually.
"It's a long story...."
DANI'S POV•
Hearing Amy and Katherine was painful. Everything is painful. I can't move, my head hurts, my body hurts. Worst of all, i can't even speak. I can't tell anyone that my head hurts, or that i have trouble breathing. I can't tell anyone anything. All i can do is listen, listen and listen. It's horrible. What's worse is hearing all the arguing outside. Something about mum. Alex and Katherine are saying that Christina punched Katherine, Christina is calling them the rudest names, and Lisa doesn't believe Christina punched Katherine. I can't hear Lauren, just a few yeses and no's. Dad and Michael are also arguing. Christian is getting pulled into dad and Michael's argument, and all i can hear from Joey and Nick are them yelling at each other about some stupid video game. I mean, i love video games and get competitive about them too but i don't understand how you can yell at each other like that over some kind of game. Also, they keep saying stuff at the exact same time, probably some kind of twin thing. I just really need my mum telling me it's going to be okay. I want my biological brother. Heck, i want my biological parents before they started beating me. What? I have never, ever wanted my parents back. Never. I have always hated them. The scars i have on my body have their names written all over them. They have caused me so much pain, so, so much. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them, i hate them, i hate them. I hate them for wrecking my life, for beating me, for abandoning me. If it wasn't for someone working at the orphanage who found me, i could be dead. Kidnapped. Not like the orphanage was any better. Everyone hated me, and i got bullied. Only Jacob was nice to me. Seeing as i was nine getting bullied by twelve to sixteen year olds, i was pretty helpless. But as i got older i learnt that hiding away and just keeping quiet works better. I now realise i should've fought back, or told someone. It's crazy, knowing my parents are still out there. Do they still think of me? Do they have a new child? Are they glad i'm gone or do they regret it? Do they miss having a human punching bag? I guess i'll never know. It's only been three years but i don't think i would recognise my parents if they came. Then i hear the door opening. Finally, I was bored and lonely.
"Happy birthday baby girl."
A/N Hey everyone, sorry i didn't update yesterday! I completely forgot but here is the chapter!