“I’m sooo glad you could come.” She said, but her eyes narrowed like a cat, “Follow me, the party’s in the backyard.” Before we could react she reached out, and pulled my arm. Annabeth let go of my hand and glared while I stumbled awkwardly behind Calypso.

“Hurry up, slow poke!” She giggled and opened up the gate.

I’ll admit, her backyard was impressive. It was the size of a football field, with a rectangular pool to one side complete with a diving board. A gazebo nestled in the back corner in the middle of a flower garden. A stone patio held a table filled with party snacks, a DJ playing music, and about a hundred dancing teenagers. The entire place was strung up with Christmas lights. It was obviously a professional job.

“Nice place,” Annabeth commented dryly as they caught up to us. I slipped my arm out of Calypso’s grasp and returned it to it’s rightful place around Annabeth. Calypso didn’t look too pleased with that, but I didn’t really care.

“Please, make yourselves at home.” Well that’s what she said, but it sounded more like get out or I’ll feed you to my snake. I hope she doesn’t have a snake.

“Thanks for the invite.” I said. What? I have manners! Sometimes, that is. She beamed.

“No problem! My pleasure, actually.” She clapped her hands, “Now then, disperse! Mingle, dance, swim, go party!” And with that she disappeared, probably to someplace she could spy on us in peace.

“Yo Jason, I see artificially flavored cheese snacks over there.” Leo wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to the snack table.

“I’m in, come on Pipes!” Jason dragged her after him and Leo.

“Let’s go check out the garden.” Hazel said. Frank didn’t look too excited, but he followed her anyways. That left just me, Annabeth, and Rachel.

“I guess I’ll just… go that direction to avoid an awkward third wheel silence.” Rachel said with a wink, and sprinted away. Annabeth squeezed my hand nervously.

“What now?” She asked. I shrugged.

“Want to dance?” I asked, almost sarcastically. Annabeth chuckled.

“We are battle-trained warriors, not dancers.” I fake-gasped.

“Are you doubting my moves?” I joked.

“You have moves?”

“Why yes, yes I do.” I said proudly. Did I? Doubtful…

“Prove it then.” Annabeth said smugly. It was pretty likely she knew how to dance, seeing as she was good at everything.

“I will.” Why the Hades did I say that?! Annabeth tugged my arm down to the crowd of dancing teenagers.

“We’ll slow things down for just a little bit here,” The DJ said, changing to a slower paced song. Thank the gods, this was dancing I could do. What guy couldn’t just stand there and move side to side? Annabeth put her hands around my neck and I put mine on her waist and we started to sway among the crowd.

“So, these are your impressive moves, huh?” Annabeth teased.

“They are just as good as yours.” I argued weakly. She chuckled and put her chin on my shoulder.

“Remember that time we had to dance when we got Nico and Bianca from their school?” She asked. I nodded. It was hard to forget my first dance with Annabeth. I had been so nervous then, and so scared just from being that close to her. It was kind of hard to believe, looking back at it.

“And then that time on Olympus too, after we returned the Ophiotaurus.” I whispered that so that the people around us couldn’t hear what I said. I doubt the words Olympus and Ophiotaurus wouldn’t sound all that normal to people.