Chapter 3

"Finally.," he said. 

I pulled out the chair and sat down. "It's literally just now 3:00," I said with a frown. What an ass, I thought. I was in dire need of coffee and I was happy that I didn't have to wait in the long line for it. 

"What did you order me?" I asked. 

"What do you think? I got you an iced white chocolate mocha without whipped cream. That is what you drink isn't it?" He had a smirk plastered on his face like he had just won a game or something. I looked at him confused.

"How could you possibly know that? I just met you in class this morning. Are you my new stalker?" I was confused and somewhat flattered. I leaned across the table and grabbed my coffee from his side. I noticed we were sitting in the back of the store, probably so no one could hear us talking. I scanned the room to see if anything or anyone was out of place, but everything was good. I still couldn't read Jackson's mind though. 

"Sweetheart, you only wish I was your stalker, and you can stop trying to read my mind. You will never be able to read my thoughts unless I want you too." He was smirking and I wanted to beat that smirk off of him. 

Ugh, how annoying! 

"Quit bullshitting me and tell me what I want to know." I was trying to get to the bottom of this. It had been eating me alive all day. 

He looked out of the window we were sitting by and then looked at me. The smirk was gone and his face was serious, a hint of evil playing in his eyes. 

The smirk had returned to his face. He ran a hand through his hair, pushing the longer part on top out of his face. Then I saw the white strip, it looked almost natural.  "You really want to know?"

"Oh my fucking God yes I want to know! Have you not been listing to me." I was getting aggravated with this conversation. I might just get up and leave, I could learn to deal with not knowing. "If you're not going to tell me, I'm leaving." I picked up my coffee and started to leave. 

"I'm a telepath too." It was almost barely audible, but I heard it. He was in my head. I sat my things back down. 

"What? Did I just hear you right?" I was stunned. I thought I was the only one, well I always knew there could have been more, but I never thought I would meet another person like me! 

"Yea, it comes with the whole half demon thing." He wasn't looking at me while he was speaking, he was looking out of the window. 

"Look at me! Are you telling me the truth? If you're bullshitting me, I will kill you. Like violently." I was freaking out a little. A half demon? I mean sure I always thought God was somewhat  real, but I always forgot that with heaven came hell, and demons according to him. He turned to look at me. A wicked grin spread across his face, his teeth becoming sharp, and his eyes flashing black. As soon as I had seen it, it was gone. He was back to his normal good looking self. I'm sure I looked a little freaked out, I mean who wouldn't?! He let out a deep laugh. 

"Gosh cupcake, if I would have known earlier you thought I was good looking, oh wait I already did." He could read my mind and I couldn't read his. Oh, this was not going to be good. I regained my composer, put a smirk on my face, and rested my arms on the table. 

"Ok, so you're a half demon with powers? How?" Might as well become acquaintances, I mean who knows? We could rule the world, or hell one day. (HAHAHA get it? I made a joke!) 

"That was not funny, but yes we could have amazing power if we teamed up." He playfully winked at me and I understood his reference. Oh great. I have a hormonal teenage boy on my hands too. I just rolled my eyes in disbelief.