Chapter 17

It's been a crazy week. 

With the wedding and the break in it seems that it's been all work and absolutely no play.

Yes Alexander and I would share a couple of kisses here and there but it was always in front of someone. Other then that he would just ignore me. He acted as if he didn't want me at all anymore.

So I stood in front of this tall mirror in my embarrassingly expensive wedding dress. It is a beautiful dress and if it wasn't because of how much I loved it I would not have paid that much for it. 

The dress had a sweetheart neckline and short mesh straps. With a form fitting detailed bodice, the dress gave me curves in all the right places and made my body look flawless. It flared out at the bottom which made it easier to walk in than other dresses that I tried on and it also had a slightly long train on it. Even though I did buy a veil, Ruby and I chose to discard it last minute. My white So Kate pumps which were hidden under my dress gave me an extra couple of inches in height without making it a nightmare to walk.

I sighed. 

 Am I really going to go through with this. 

" You look beautiful ." Ruby says smiling at me through the reflection.

" Well you did a really good job. " I laughed.

The makeup was absolutely flawless. She kept the eyes super flirty by including pinks, mauve browns, and glittery white. I had a slight contour and a perfectly applied matte pinkish lipstick. By the grace of God she managed to straighten my curly hair pin straight. She curled it and pined part of it back with a flower matching the one in my bouquet. 

" No, it has nothing to do with anything that I did. You have a sparkle in your eyes. You are truly happy. " She said almost encouraging me but it just broke me.

" What if he says no ? " I lie not wanting her to know the real reason as to why i'm fanning my eyes to keep from cry and ruining my makeup .

"He won't say no but if he does then he's the stupidest man on earth. But that's not going to happen and do you know why? Because he's crazy about you, totally in love with you " She gave me a tight hug.

I was tempted to tell her the truth, that he didn't love me but a knock interrupted us.

The wedding planner walks in a smiles, " We're ready for you. "

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest, catch a cab and leave me dead on the floor.

" Okay I'll be there soon ." I tell her and my voice was anything but confident.

Leaving us alone again Ruby says, " Hurry up and marry that man before I do . "

Kissing me on the cheek she left me alone with a million thoughts running through my mind.

I close my eyes and remember the last serious conversation I had with my dad.

" Stop laughing sweetie I'm being serious . " My dad nudged me

" Daddy I'm sixteen, I don't think we should be having a conversation about me getting married anytime soon . " I say taking a bite out of my BLT sandwich

" I know but I feel as a father I need to give you this talk . " He said making me groan.

" Dad we are not having THE talk. Plus mom already covered those bases a long time ago. " Talking with some food in my mouth.

" Not that talk," He said turning red " I'm talking about boys and love. I know your mother might have covered this - may she rest in peace- but I want to remind you . Only marry the one you love. Only go through hell and back for the ones you love. I know you're going to fall in love some day and get married, have a family of your own but I might not be there for you. I pray every night hoping to god I'll be there for you, to protect you and love you but we don't know what god has planned for us. "