Advicccce

HAZEL

My arms slip around Chris' neck, as his he pulls me closer to him.

Our lips move in sync, as my body begins to heat.

We both pull back, breathing uneven.

"Bubbles, I'm sorry." Chris whispered, our lips brushing.

My mind was clouded, as I stood there, shocked.

It was too much at one time, so I pushed away from him. Running to my car, I get in and pull off, tears streaming down my face. I stopped a red-light, picking up my phone and calling the person I needed to talk to the most right now.

"Whaddup, Haze?"

"Are you bu-busy?" I asked, trying to control my tears and breathing.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to see you." I said.

"A'ight. I'm at the studio."

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute." I said.

"Zel, be careful. I know how you get when you drive while you're crying."

"I know. I got it." I sniffed, wiping my eyes.

"A'ight."

"'Bye, Kirko."

"See you in a minute, Z."

I hang up and toss my phone in the passenger seat, as I sped down the street.

~

KIRKO

"Who that?" Driicky asks.

"Hazel." I reply, setting my phone down. "She's crying for some reason."

He nods and taps his pencil on his notebook. "So...I think it'll sound better in G instead of F."

Jojo frowned, shaking her head. "Uh-uh. I like it in F."

Driicky sucked his teeth. "Yo' part can be in F, how 'bout that?"

"Then the song will sound stupid as f-ck, 'cause it's all in G expect for 16 bars." Jojo crossed her arms.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Let's keep it in F."

Jojo smiled. "This is why we cool, Kirk."

"'Cause the n-qqa BK'in sh-t?" Driicky smirked.

I laughed, shrugging. "I gotta let Jojo have it her way. She's Jojo."

"Exactly." She stuck her tongue out at Driicky, making us all laugh.

The door opened and Hazel walked in, with red, puffy eyes.

"I'll be back," I said, standing up and going over to her. I take her hand, leading her back outside, to my car. I sit on the hood and pull her in between my legs. "What's wrong?"

She sniffed as I wiped the fresh tears with my thumbs.

"Chris kissed me." She said.

"I thought y'all wasn't friends?" I ask.

"We're weren't...we're not...I don't know." Hazel sighs, wiping her eyes. "I was doing so f-cking good until I seen him today. I wasn't thinking about him, I was on my grind. Doing me. Then I see him, and start feeling some type of way. Then he kisses me and I'm just overwhelmed with so many emotions..."

I listened, as she talked.

She was beginning to become a mess again, just like she was when Chris first dropped her.

I swear this n-qqa is the only who has this effect on her.

"Remember the trip we took together? To the islands?" I ask.

She nods.

"Remember what I told you?"

She nods.

"What did I say?" I asked, wanting to make sure.

"You told me that judging by the way I was acting, it wasn't just best-friend love I had for Chris. It was real love. And that by him leaving me, my mind was finally realizing that..." Hazel repeats.

"And what else?" I asked.

"And that if I wanted to feel better, I was going to have to get passed him and move on..." She says. "That I don't need to just drop my feelings all-together, but just push them to the side and focus on me and doing better for myself."

I nodded. "Exactly. So, all that you're feeling, right now? I'mma need you to power through it. 'Cause you're right, you were doing better. You were killing yo' job. Getting dough from every which-way," I smirked, making her smile. "So, as for as I'm concerned...I think what you need is closure..."

She nods a little.

"Talk to Chris, get some answers, ask some questions. And...see how you feel afterwards..." I said. "If you still feel that love, then...y'all should make some type of arrangements. And, if you don't...then it's time for you to move on and keep up yo' hustle."

She nods. "Thanks." She hugs me.

"No problem." I hug her back, kissing her cheek.

She sniffed and wiped her eyes and head back for her car.

I watch until she's out of sight, then I go back inside.

"We are not doing that!" Jojo shouts.

"Why not?" Driicky asks.

I laughed.

These two can never agree on nothing.

~~

Photobucket

HAZEL

I pull up in the driveway and go the door. I hesitate a bit before knocking.

A few moments later, I hear the familiar heavy footsteps.

The door swings open, revealing a shirtless Chris.

He looked down at me. "Yeah?"

I clear my throat. "Can we talk?"