Chapter 23- Part 1

A/N

OMG OKAY SO I SAW 4.15K READS AND I WAS SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHAPTER HAD THIS WRITTEN FOR SEVERAL DAYS NOW BUT DIDNT FEEL LIKE PUBLISHING. WELL NOW I DO. btw I went back to school this Tuesday so forgive me if updates are less frequent as I might get really busy. ENJOY!

Have you ever felt so needed? Like there was something that needed to be done and you had to be doing it? Or just like someone actually needed you and you just had to be there? What made you feel that way? Did you like that feeling? I felt needed in both ways mentioned above, and it was slightly stressful but it felt amazing, to be needed by people who I needed just as well.

"Alright, so how do we do this?" Louis asked as we tried to start the plan we had.

It was about a week after I started school. By then I was pretty much settled and seemed to fit in. I found myself there pretty quickly and had lots of friend and talked to many people. At that moment, Louis, Ashley and I were sitting on the couch in mine and Louis' house, going over what we were going to do that night to get Melissa.

"I think I'll start with the sketch and Ashley will tell you in words." I said, grabbing a blank notebook and a pencil and starting to sketch the way Melissa looked, tuning in and out of Ashley's explanation, trying to concentrait on both things.

"Okay, so Melissa." Ashley started. "She's quite tall, well, taller than me. She's an average hight, I'd say. And she's thin. She has kinda like a model's body. Oh, and she's blonde. She wears quite the bold outfits so it'll be hard not to notice her. Listen well to the names when they're said on the speakers, but look for her onstage, she might have gone there before you got to the club. If it's been a while and you haven't seen her or heard her name, look around the bar and the back rooms, she sometimes waits for people there. Don't make a scene. The last thing you need is to be noticed and killed on the spot. They, the people who... um.."

I raised my head, trying to help her out. "Kidnapped us."

"Yeah." She said. "They're usually backstage, there's just two of them, so the security isn't very tight and among all the people they might not notice you or suspect you. It's probably better if we wait in the back. In the front there's security and even if you'll trick them they'll see Harry and I when we get out of the car and they'll notice something fishey. Ask Melissa to show you to the back door."

"Convince her to believe you." I added as I handed Louis the sketch, quite satisfide with myself at how accurate it was. "Tell her you know me. If she asks how, you do tell her that you're my boyfriend. She might not believe you, so describe to her how I look, then go to the things I like. If that doesn't work tell her the weirdest thing about me, something that I don't tell people very easily."

"Like what?" He asked.

"Whatever you can think of." I said

"The four nipples." Ashley giggled, and then laughed even more when I flipped her off.

"I don't even think that'll work." I said. "Many people have seen my body, it's not quite a secret." I sighed at my own words, Louis rubbed my back to try and comfort.

"Oh, I know." Ashley said, smirking wide. "He could tell her about the clothes incident."

"No!" I called, maybe too quickly. "No. Not the clothes incident. Anything but that."

"What clothes incident?" Louis asked with an amused smile and a curious look.

"Nothing. It's nothing." I said, looking over at Ashley who was still smirking. "Don't you dare."

"Melissa once caught Harry wearing her lingerie." She said, and I could feel my cheeks burning. "He was like 13 back then. Said he wanted to try it out. It was awfully emberassing and not like anyone would like to see 13-year-old Harry almost naked, but it was also quite amusing." Louis raised his eyebrows and turned a surprised and very amused look in my direction. I cleared my throat, feeling like my whole face were burning, and I was probably red like a tomato.

"Anyway," I sighed. "Are we ready for action?"

"I think so." Louis said and I nodded.

-*-

Soon enough the three of us were in the car with some of my warm clothes and a warm blanket, Louis inserted the name of the club Ashley told him into the searchbar of the GPS app and backed out the driveway, driving where the GPS told him.

"Alright." I said as he parked at the back of the club. "You're going around to the front entrance, right?"

"Yup." He confirmed.

"Okay." I said. "You remember what we told you?"

He nodded.

"You remember how she looks?" I made sure.

"Yes, Harry." He said, sounding roll-your-eyes irritated but smirking.

"Okay, good. Goodluck." I kissed him on the cheek and he did the same to me before leaving the car and Ashley and I looked out the window after him until he disappeared from our view and I sighed and leaned back in my seat, looking at the bunch of guys outside the club with drinks and joints, not knowing if I was more disgusted or more wanting to ask them for a drag. It had been quite some time since I had one, but I decided it'd be best to stay in the car.

"Do you think he'll make it?" Ashley asked.

"He will." I said. "He won't leave until he's found her. I have experience with him on that. He never rests until he gets what he's looking for." I smiled as I thought back at how hard he worked to find my family.

"Do you think she's even there?" Ashley asked again.

"I hope so." I sighed, and then it went silent as we watched, looking for Louis and Melissa.

Those exact moments, when my heart was beating fast in my chest and all the what if's were popping in my head I prayed that Melissa is in there, and that Louis will find her and convince her to come with him, and she'll be safe.

Ashley has already talked to Ally about this, and they agreed that Melissa could stay with them, at least for the time being, until she had where to go.

The time seemed to stand still while we waited, seconds and minutes passing by painfully slowly, and I was almost getting insanely frustrated when the back door opened and I quickly sat up in my seat to see a thin figure wrapped in a big, white, fuzzy blanket and her long, blonde hair pushed back by the wind and Louis was right next to her, his hand careful and tense as it seemed to be placed on her back. She was taller than him on her heels, which was amusing, and you could see she was trying to walk faster on the very high stilettos. Both Ashley and I got out of the car and Melissa's head shot up, eyes widening when she saw us and she practically srarted running, which made me fear that she would fall, but I wrapped her in my arms before that happened.

"Harry." She breathed as she pressed herself aginst me and I hugged her tightly.

"Hi, Mel." I answered, tucking her head under my chin.

"You're alive." She mumbled, then raising her voice a little, "how could you do that?! Leave us behind like that?! What were you thinking?! We can't survive with someone missing, it was horrible!"

"I'm so sorry, Mel." I said, wanting to cry. "It was just a survival instinct. I had to do that. It was also meant for me to be able to go back for you guys. We'll get everyone out, slowly. I never forgot about you for a second. Ever."

Melissa let out a heartbreaking sob before turning to Ashley. "And you! You knew I needed you beside me most and you left! You have no idea how Vanessa and I felt, she almost killed herself." And when she was done letting it all out, they hugged, and Ashley let herself cry on Melissa's shoulder.

"Gosh, Mel, I've missed you so much." She sobbed.

I didn't even realize I was crying until a thumb brushed under my eye, wiping away the tears, and I looked up to see Louis offering me a warm, comforting smile before hugging me and whispering in my ear: "We did it."