My Benefactor Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Before I got out of my car, I heard a loud bang and a stream of profanities thrown by two shrieking banshees had me frown.

I was about to scrutinize the commotion but something, or someone, crashed on my windsheild, causing the glass shards to shower in my direction. Good thing I ducked, or those sharp things would have made me blind.

When everything was settled, I slowly got out of the car to inspect the damage but, I was rooted to the ground. A pissed off Ciara was charging full speed ahead at a groaning Rebecca.

What the hell was going on?

All I could do was stare as Ciara threw powerful punches on Rebecca's gut repeatedly with a sadistic expression on her face.

"You!" punch "pitiful! "punch "two faced! punch "hag!" she growled at each blow she'd thrown at her.

Rebecca didn't retaliate. She took the blows openly, not defending herself. Ciara just called her pitiful two faced hag. She should be mad, hell! She should be furious!

Regaining some of my sense back, I jumped on the hood of my car to grab Ciara's rampaging body off Rebecca.

"What the hell!" she screeched as I flunged her a few feet away.

I turned my attention back to Rebecca for injuries. Alerians weren't fast healers, like the converted vampires and purebloods. The more you were banged up, the more days it would take to heal you, but for human standards, it was quite fast, because for humans, intense injuries took weeks or months. For our kind, it would take hours to days.

"Rebecca?" I said as I held her head. "What happened?"

As a response, a groan escaped her lips. I guess Ciara got her good.

"Get away from the traitor, Bryson," Ciara sneered behind me.

I frowned. Traitor? What was she on?

I hop off the hood and strode towards the spot she stood. "What do you mean, traitor?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest, bunching my tense muscles.

She smirked evilly. Had I known she was bound to end up like this was beyond me. I've always thought that she was sweet and caring, but this girl standing in front of me was a total overhaul of the Ciara that I once knew. She was now a criminal in the making.

"I caught her talking to him on the phone," she said.

Him? That pompous pure blood Rebecca fell in love a year ago?

"What? When?" I asked.

"A few minutes ago. She said she was leaving and she doesn't want to be part of us anymore," she said as she flipped her copper coloured locks to the back of her shoulders.

I heard a clinking sound coming from my totaled car. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Rebecca getting off the hood on shaky legs. She used the outline of my car as support where she stood her ground, glaring at the person who punched her like there was no tomorrow.

"Go kill yourself, Ciara," she growled.

Ciara scoffed. "Yeah, right. You first, hoe."

Their banter was giving me migraine. The thing I hated about catfights was the hissy fits and trashtalks. "Enough!" I cut in.

Ciara snorted, but I shot her a warning look, clearly implying I had enough of her female dog act.

I turned back to Rebecca, who was now regaining most of her strength. "Tell me, is it true?" I asked. I had to know. If it was true, then her head was on the chopping block. She was supposed to be my second in command when I step in to carry on our legacy, but apparently, it was not happening anytime soon. The Pillars were going to be pissed. I knew she valued her life, but hanging on a thread for that pure blood she coerced a year ago, was insane.