Chapter 14

"Carlos, would you like to go out on a date, tonight?" I asked him as we were sitting at the lunch table with Evie, Mal, and Jay. I told Ben during my free period to get a bunch of sweets for the meal. I wanted this date to perfect and getting Carlos, what seemed to be his favorite thing in the world to eat, is exactly the way to go.

"Of course," he responded with a huge smile on his face and I looked over to Jay who gave me a slight nod and a smile. What he said about Carlos was still lingering around in my mind and all I wanted to do was make Carlos happy. "What do you have in mind?" He asked as Evie squealed.

"Caria is so beautiful. I wish I could have love story like yours or even a love like Bal," she mumbled talking about Ben and Mal. I just wish she should would open her eyes and see that Doug, who is a little sweetheart was dorkily flirting with her.

"Evie, don't worry one day you'll find the right person. You've just got to keep your heart and mind open to all the possibilities," Mal told her giving her a pat on the back. "Ewe, what am I saying? Ben has tainted me," she said getting chills from it. "Gross, ignore that E."

"Please, you like to act rotten to the core but I know you all are a bunch of softies, even you Mal," I stated as I forgot I didn't even answer Carlos's question. "Sorry Carlos, anyways. Ben set something special for us, he owes me for what I'm doing for him," I sighed telling the four of them about the family day performance that I had to practice for.

"I didn't take you for a musical type of person," Mal stated as Carlos and Evie got up to throw away their trash.

"Oh, I'm not. This is going to be a nightmare but Ben is letting me have his room for the night and he literally has the most beautiful view from his balcony, it's going to be totally worth it. At least, I hope it will be," I told them as Carlos and Evie came back as Jay was just laughing at the thought of me singing and dancing like an idiot.

The rest of the day was pretty slow after that. I didn't tell Carlos much about the date and what all was planned because I wanted it to be surprise for him. I went outside again to work on my drawings as I finished Evie's portrait and allowed her to have it. You should have seen the look on her face, it was literally the sweetest thing ever. Jay didn't insist on bothering me anymore and I knew that the two of us could become friends eventually.

"Are you sure I can keep this?" Evie asked as she was filled with joy just admiring my drawing.

"Yeah, I already turned in a drawing for a grade earlier this week. It's all yours," I told her as I saw Ben walked over to us and I sighed.

"Sorry to take Ria away from you but I need make sure she doesn't flake out on practice. I know how you work Fitzherbert," he said grabbing my arm as I stood up rolling my eyes.

"I'm not going to skip practice. I'm not stupid, I know you won't let me have your room if I don't come," I stated as I gathered my stuff and headed to my locker with him. Before, I said my goodbyes to Evie telling her that I'd meet her for breakfast tomorrow.

The school week was over and tomorrow was Saturday. Usually, it would be my day to study and relax but everyone had to help set up for family day on Sunday. Luckily, I had an extra day to study thanks to Prince soon to be King Ben's coronation that was taking place Monday. Tomorrow I was definitely going to get out of setting up for family day because hanging up decorations is not something that I enjoying doing on my weekends.

"Did you ask Jay about Audrey yet?" Ben asked me as we approached my locker.

"No! I forgot again, oh my god. I really hate myself right now," I complained as Ben just laughed resting against the lockers as I put my stuff away.