My eyes almost popped out of my sockets. "No, wait!" I set down the blob of dough, wiped my hands on my apron, and walked out to the front, approaching Nick from behind, peering over his shoulder.

Nick turned around with a few envelopes as I assumed were mail, and one in the other, that I assumed was mine. I glanced from him to the letter and snatched it out of his hands.

I stared in confusion at my name, written in small, messy cursive and in a thinly created letters. No address to the bakery nowhere on it, and it arrived with the mail. And oddly enough, the writing looked like someone's I've seen before.

"Who could this be from?" I stare at him, confused.

Nick chuckles, looking at me doubtfully. "Just open it, I want to know what it says."

I ripped the top of the envelope open and unfolded the letter inside.

It read:

"Harry, meet me outside of the cafe at the end of this block after your shift this afternoon. I need to talk to you, no questions asked. And by the way this is Louis, and sorry I didn't just call you. I felt more official and sophisticated. Well, I better see you there. - Lou"

I scanned the note again and tons of questions ran through my head. Why does he want to meet me, what does he want- need to talk to me about.

"Hold on, isn't that the bloke who's dating your sister?"

I found myself sigh at the reminder of that. "Yup."

"I know that sigh. And I know you're not straight."

I felt my heart take a gigantic leap within my chest. "Excuse me? How did you-"

"I'm gay, did you forget?" He added, folding his arms across his chest.

"Annnd?"

Nick looked at me sassily. "That means I can tell the difference between who's on the fence and who's not."

I blushed in silence, feeling the utmost stupid.

"So, Louis? You fancy him?"

"Let's not talk about that." I avoid the question and attempt to make my way back to the kitchen.

"Oh, that's definitely code for, we definitely shall." Nick grabbed hold of my shoulder and turned me around to face him. "You like him, don't you?"

"It's complicated." I lightly shove him away and walk into the kitchen, with Nick's footsteps following me. I tossed the note onto the counter of the sink, washed my hands, and continued with rolling out the pie dough on the table in the center of the room.

"It's either you do or you don't." Nick pushed on the matter, following me into the kitchen but stayed standing on the opposite side of the table from where I was. 

"I don't know, alright?!" I glared at him with sudden rage, slamming the dough on the table. "It's not possible to like my own sister's boyfriend! 

Nick widened his eyes at my outburst since this is the first time he's seen me this angry.

I try to recompose myself, but I fail. 

"And I just... I just can't let myself like him." I say in a defeated tone. 

Nick's expression softens with sympathy. "What if he wasn't dating her?"

I look up at him, holding the edge of the table. "Then maybe I would act more upon these mixed feelings I have inside."

Nick stayed silent, trying to find the words to say next. "You know, the times you've talked about him to me, you even mentioned a week ago how their relationship seems to be going downhill."

"Really? Well I guess that thought slipped out of my mind." My eyes darting around the room, showing my embarrassment.

"That's what happens when you feeling something from someone." Nick points at me, making a point of his own. "Talking about them all the time."

"Hm, true." I shrug, giving him a slight sad smile.

Nick approaches me and laid a hand on my shoulder. "Harry, do you want to know something?"

I look up at him again, waiting for him to continue.

"When you want someone you can't have, you can either get over it, or fight for them regardless. I'm not telling you is okay to steal Louis away while they're dating, or to immediately make him yours if they end their relationship. But ya know, sometimes you can't help your feelings. Sometimes," He pauses, sighing. "You'll do anything to get what you want."

I blinked, letting his advice sink in. He might be right... but would it be selfish and foolish to follow my feelings on the off chance Louis actually could like me back?

"I can't just do that to my sister, Nick." I revert my eyes away from direct eye contact with him. "I'm just so conflicted."

"It's up to you where you wanna go from here. Just wanted to give you my two cents." Nick patted my back, walking away. "If the universe or destiny wants you two to be together at some point, I'll happen."

I let out a heavy sigh, my mind even more jumbled up now than before.

"Besides, you guys would make an awfully better couple." Nick says with a grin, before fully exiting the kitchen.

The faint tunes of the radio filled the room's quiet atmosphere, but my mind ignored it, with my thoughts running wild, repeating Nick's words over and over.

I finally process Nick's last words to me and go over to him by the register again. "Wait, how would you know we'd make a better couple?!" I say in a hushed tone.

"Those pictures of you two on Facebook that he posted, from that last time you guys went bowling," Nick explained.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. "You're friends with him?!"

"Who am I not friends with?" Nick replies with a smug smile.

I shake my head, chuckling at his reply. I watch the clock's second hand move its way around the numbers. It was 2:55. An hour and five minutes until I meet up with Louis. My heart started to race, my breathing increasing slightly, but I still had no clue what he needed to speak to me about.

I forced myself to continue baking that dough for the cherry pie I was working on to busy myself until I finally found out.

~