Chapter 10

Recap:
     Shivering, I swiftly enter the doors to my guild.

~•------------------------------------•~

The sound of the tremendous wind outside howls through the guild hall. Many snowflakes blow in behind me, and I struggle to shut the door because of the increasingly strong winds.

When I finally shut the doors, I notice that a small amount of snow is sitting at my feet.

I jump as the guild doors rattle from the high winds.

I still can't believe that it's blizzarding outside... Will we even be able to travel to a good training area?

Shaking my head slightly in wonder, I look up to see Rogue and Yukino sitting at a table, sipping what appears to be either coffee or hot chocolate.

I walk over to them, smiling a little bit.

"Hello, Rogue-san, Yukino-chan." I greet them.

"Ohayo, (Y/N)-chan." Yukino responds with a warm smile.

   Rogue just nods.

  Maybe he's not a morning person...as if I am. *mental eye roll*

   "So...is Sting not here yet?" I ask, resisting the urge to blush. Yukino responds.

   "Well, actually-"

  "Hey, (Y/N)." Sting whispers into my ear.

   I feel the startling contrast of his warm breath on the cool exposed skin of my neck, and I shiver. A blush rises to my cheeks. The curious gaze of Yukino and Rogue tug at my self-consciousness.

    "H-hi, Sting." I say, struggling not to melt as his hot breath consumes my attention. He steps back, and disappointment fills me, along with yearning. I want more of his attention. There is no denying that.

   "-(Y/N)?" I hear Sting say my name.

  "W-what?" I ask, embarrassed that I didn't catch what he said because I was wrapped up in my own thoughts.

  "Are you alright?" He asks, a smirk evident on his face. "You look...dazed."

He's...smirking?

I try not to jump to conclusions, but I can't help myself.

Is Sting playing with my emotions? I ask myself. He doesn't seem the type of person who would do that...but...do I really know him?

His actions leave me confused and with a sense of precaution.

Is Sting smirking because he enjoys playing with my feelings, or...is it because he...enjoys seeing me genuinely affected by him? Or is that the same thing?

I shake my head with the slightest motion to rid myself of these thoughts.

I'm overthinking this. Sting always smirks...right?

All of my thoughts happen at lightning speed, and I quickly recover from my dazed state. I am stressed enough about stupid Jiemma and not being able to communicate with Fairy Tail, I really don't need another thing to worry about.

I force the redness on my cheeks to disappear, and I adopt a more serious expression. I can't let them know of my feelings...I just can't.

I have hidden my emotions for so long that I feel like they are meant to be trapped inside of me, never to be revealed.

"I'm fine," I reply slowly. "I was just startled."

An awkward silence fills the room, and the tension in the air is palpable. I am sure that we are all bursting with unstated questions; full of newly aroused suspicions.

  Rogue breaks the silence by clearing his throat.

  "We should probably get started with our researching." He points out.

"Hai, Rogue-san." Yukino agrees, but glances at me questioningly.

"Sure..." Sting says, though I can tell that he is reluctant.

  I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Sounds good to me..." I reply with a forced smile. Rogue and I make eye contact, and he raises an eyebrow. I, in turn, make the slightest shake of my head, more accurately a twitch, that could easily go unnoticed.

He seems to understand, and doesn't press his inquisitiveness by raising questions.

   "Alright...Sting, do you remember where the library is?" Rogue asks sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. Sting looks at Rogue skeptically.

  "You forgot?" Sting asks, and Rogue nods. "Oh, well...yeah."

  "Lead the way." Rogue requests.

  Sting looks between me and Rogue and back again, before seemingly shrugging off a mental argument. Sighing, Sting starts walking to the library, with Yukino at his heels.

   I follow them more slowly, making sure that I am more than a few paces behind.

Wow...Rogue is very intuitive. I think to myself. I'm guessing he perceived the entire situation accurately. And, he made sure that Sting led the way so that he could have a private conversation with me, knowing that Yukino is a newcomer, and therefore most likely doesn't know where the library is. So, knowing Yukino would follow the person leading very closely, he made sure he didn't lead. Interesting...he seems to have a very thorough thought process.

  Rogue starts walking beside me, and I assume that I am right. We walk in silence for a while.

  "What was that all about?" He asks suddenly with a hushed tone, making sure that the two other  GMG members won't hear. I chuckle softly.

  "Cudos to you, Mr. Inuitive." I start, speaking almost silently.

   Usually, I never feel inclined to explain my feelings to anyone. For some reason, I feel drawn to the idea right now. I have a feeling that whatever I tell Rogue will stay with Rogue.

  However, the situation is the same as it is with Sting. If truth be told, I honestly don't know the Twin Dragons all that well.

  I play with the end of my sweatshirt's sleeve uncomfortably. Rogue seems to read my mind.

  "You can tell me anything. I swear, I will not spill your secrets." Rogue reassures me.

   We turn what I recognize is the last corner. If I am going to confide in Rogue, I'll tell him everything.

   "Well, you see," I start speaking. "I think I have a situation on my hands..."

~•-------------------------------------•~

I got a chapter done! Yay!

I think I might be able to update more often, now, because my schedule has finally settled. I am now used to the amount of homework from demanding classes such as History and Geometry.......

  For now.

I hope you enjoyed the new chapter, and wow, Reader-chan seems really stressed, huh.... *-*

  Thanks for all the comments and votes!!! :D You guys are the besttttt.

  I hope you have a great weekend :)

   ~Ari