Chapter 4

~Timeskip to morning~

I wake up to complete darkness. I lay in bed for a couple of minutes. I roll over into my side, only to fall to the ground. Yelping in surprise, I sit up, placing my back against the side of my bed.

  I have a massive headache, and I feel very unrested. Every heart beat brings a new wave of misery to my sleep-deprived body.

   But, I'm still in Sabertooth! I smile slightly, before frowning in thought.

   What does this mean now? If Master Jiemma was telling the truth, he trusts me even more than the Twin Dragons, Sting and Rogue.

I mean, that's not that surprising, considering Sting's childish and cocky attitude, but then again, it's very surprising. Sting and Rogue are very well-known, which means they have an image to maintain for the sake of Sabertooth. If Jiemma didn't trust them to keep a clean-cut image, then they wouldn't be here anymore. If Jiemma trusts me more than that, what does that mean?

I shake my head in confusion. I'll find out later, I guess.

I think back to last night, right before I talked to Master Jiemma. My breath hitches.

Why was Sting staring at me...? I ask myself. I feel a chill run down my spine, tingling pleasantly. My eyes widen as I realize what's going on.

  Baka! You can't like Sting!  I scold myself.

   How about Rogue then? I mean, they're both equally-

  Shut up! I think to myself, my face heating up.

   Just because they're...attractive doesn't mean I can think of them like that! I look at the ground, embarrassed. Great, now I'm starting to get embarrassed when nobody is even around.

  Smiling, I sigh and walk downstairs, not even bothering to check the time. It doesn't matter if it's 12 am or 5 am, I won't be able to fall back asleep.

I'm pretty much awake now, but just to boost my energy, I'll have a cup or two of coffee.

I pour water into my crappy coffee maker until it reaches the line, before placing a new filter in and dumping ground coffee into the filter.

While waiting for the pot of coffee to fill, I grab a plain black mug from a cupboard. I also take out my Half & Half  carton from the fridge, and a pot of sugar.

   My coffee announces it is full with a sharp BEEP!. I eagerly take the pot of coffee out of the coffee maker and pour it into my mug.

I stir in my precious Half & Half before adding sugar. I tentatively bring the mug to my lips, sipping the tiniest amount of coffee to test the temperature. It's perfect.

  I laze around my condo for a few minutes, finishing my coffee. I dump my mug in the sink, then walk back upstairs. Rubbing my eyes, I turn on my lights in my bedroom. I hiss as it slowly illuminates my room.

   The rent for this condo is really cheap for its condition and size, but the lighting is really quite terrible. Not that I mind. My (e/c) eyes are really sensitive to light, anyway.

I pick out my signature outfit: (f/c) skinny jeans with (f/c) converse paired with a simple (f/c) short-sleeve shirt and a grey hoodie. I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair before donning my clothes.

Still as drowsy has ever, I stumble over to my clock to check the time. My clock reads: 4:36. My eyes widen in surprise. That's late for me! Ever since the Tenrou incident, I can never sleep for long. I try, I really do, but they haunt my dreams.