Chapter 1

note: I started this fanfic when I was in 7th grade, so the beginning is a bit cringey. Sorry about that lmao. But, the further you go on, the better it gets (imo). I'll probably edit the earlier chapters soon (:
Now, onto the story!

____

I take a sip of my coke, sighing. Tonight, Sabertooth is out of control. Master Jiemma and Minerva left to go to the Council a couple days ago for business purposes, leaving the Twin Dragons- Sting and Rogue- in charge.

And to be fair, they've been doing a pretty good job keeping the guild in check...until Sting brought out the booze. I mean, why wouldn't you let loose on the last night?

Note the sarcasm. They won't be here until tomorrow, though, so I guess we have enough time to clean up. If anything goes wrong, we're all in for a beating tomorrow. As to be expected from our brutal master.

Being a former Fairy, the way Sabertooth works is still foreign to me, even after 3 long years.
You see, 7 years ago, my former guild Fairy Tail disappeared at Tenroujima Island.

I turned 17 today...I only wish to hear the sound of my friends voices ringing through the guild once more. That would be my ideal present.

Unfortunately, that's highly unlikely to happen, as I have seen with my own eyes of the destruction caused by Acnologia, the dragon that dragon slayers could not defeat.
There is no trace of the sacred island that used to be. No trace of any former Fairy Tail members, either.

The year they first vanished was the most difficult. I would find myself visiting the guild less and less, and as the years went on, I found myself tumbling through my misery into a deep depression...

On the few occasions I did visit the guild hall, there would be idle chat. A smile was a rare occurrence. The guild didn't radiate the happiness it used to, and the atmosphere was constantly gloomy.

It came to a point where I just couldn't bring myself to go to the place where many cheerful memories were once held.

One day, I finally broke down and told Master Macao I was leaving Fairy Tail. That fateful conversation still rings prominently through my thoughts...

~•flashback•~

Feeling as depressed as usual, I approached Macao with reluctance. Nervousness sparked through my body, resulting in sweaty palms and trembling hands.

Get over it! Would you rather be free or contemplating suicide?! They wouldn't want to be greeted by a corpse if they were to return.

I sighed and steeled myself. I could not be indecisive with a decision as important as this.

"(Y/N)? What's up?" Macao said, eyeing me with concern.

I avoided his gaze as tears pricked the corners of my eyes.

"I'm leaving..." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked, not hearing.

"I'm leaving the guild," I said louder, my voice shaky.

"You're...YOU'RE LEAVING THE GUILD?!" He shouted in disbelief as the realization hit him head on.

Sighing a second time, I nodded.

"I-I'm sorry...I just can't bear to be here without any of them.." I tried to explain with tears running freely down my cheeks.

A look of pure anguish crossed his face; a look that almost made me reverse my decision.

"I-I understand..." He reassured, tears also dripping down his own face.

We were silent for a few moments; I would like to think for the sake of remembering our former members.