chapter 21 nightmares during the day

A/N- wilmer calderon aka idaho in the media

as i drive back home, i decide to pick up some dinner for bobbi and i, so i stop by the pizza parlour.

there's only one person at the counter and she has teal and purple hair. and i can see her biting on her fake nails.

"jocy?" i ask.

"hunter! how are you and bobbi going? since she went to level 2 we NEVER get to talk. tell me the goss!" she throws everything at me in one shot.

"we're doing okay. get me a regular pepperoni and hawaiian." i say.

"on it's way! drinks are on the house. my shift's ending soon, so don't mind if i tag along?" she asks as i take a 1.25l coke zero.

"no problem. just mind the squeeze in my car." i answer.

"it's all good. i miss bobbi though." she says, averting from her happy self.

"she's okay, she'll probably be better when you come." i say.

"what happened?" she asks, concerned.

"long story. i'll tell you in the car."

"your pizza's done, let's go." jocy says before signalling me to come along.

i tell her about operation p.a.k.i.s.t.a.n. and how bobbi was involved. for once, she is listening intently. how got thrown straight into the deep end, with less than an hour's notice, how she had to seduce faqir (then sedate him) and finally, blow up the girl and everyone else. very much like the story of the insider story of stone face may aka the cavalry. since bahrain, may has never done field work, but continued her work at s.h.i.e.l.d.

and i pull up in a parking lot near the stairs. i take the pizza and drink from the back, ignoring my stash of beer, and start walking up. when we get to the top, i pull my keys out and unlock the door.

"get yourself comfortable." i tell jocy as i put the coke and pizza down.

"i'll get some cups." i continue.

as i walk away, i see jocy stroking bobbi's shoulder, gently trying to get her up.

when i come back with some cups, i pass one to jocy.

and all of a sudden, bobbi starts having some sort of fit, in her sleep. she starts uncontrollably tossing herself around the couch screaming,

"no! don't let her die!"

her voice almost becomes hoarse from screaming. i see sweat trickling from her forehead, her eyes closed tightly in pain.

"BOB!" i shout, trying to shake her out of her dream.

"bobbi!" jocy cries out, she's on the very verge of breaking down.

and bobbi wakes up from her nightmare, flinging herself into an upright position. her eyes widened in fear, swelled with tears. she grabbed the couch so hard, it almost tore, her nails engraving the leather.

then she looks at both jocy and i before excusing herself to the toilet.

-
bobbi's POV
-

the same girl.

the one from pakistan.

i saw her.

she was walking up to me.

begging me to let her go and give myself in.

if i didn't,

she would've blown herself up.

i run to the toilet, slamming the door behind me. i try to settle my hands on the sink bench, opposite to the mirror. as the water runs, cupping my hands, i close my eyes and splash water on my face.

*splash*

please, save me! i don't want to die!

*splash*

i still have a family! don't blow me up!

*splash*

i give up on life! just let me die!

(girl explodes)

"NO!!" i scream.

catching my breath again, i try my very best to neaten my hair before walking out into the living room.

"jocy?" i ask, i didn't notice that she was here.

"oh bobbi! are you okay?" she asks, running up to me and hugging me tight.

"yes jocy, i'm fine." i say, stroking her back, hoping she would calm down.

"how have you been?" i continue, avoiding the topic.

"oh, not so amazing, especially without you." she says, hugging me tighter.

"have you been finishing your reports?" i ask.

"yes, yes i have, every week without fail." she answers.

"this calls for a celebration. let's get some pizza." i say while slowly walking her to the living room.

after that trauma, jocy looked even more damaged than i did. with her around, she made me feel a lot more happier, more at home.

the 3 of us would chat through the night, hunter included some inappropriate jokes, which meant that i hit him on the arm and jocy would just laugh. i've never been so close with people before, at least not to the extent that i would feel comfortable ugly-laughing.

jocy goes home at 9 o'clock, most likely going to a bar. hunter offers a ride, but she says that it's not far.

"you staying over?" hunter asks.

"yeah, might as well." i answer.

hunter shrugs his shoulders and turns on the tv. and we make it just in time for the friends theme song, again. it reminds me of our last encounter with this song.

i'll be there for you

and i'll be there for you too-oo

we exchange glances, and it makes me smile. i cuddle up under his arms, curling up my legs, my ear pressed onto his top, it's not too loose, but it's tight enough to see his perfectly sculpted body, as i hear his steady heartbeat, it calms me.

then he uses his strong arms to embrace me. i feel the warmth radiating from his chest, putting me in a snoozy mood.

i see rachel and monica, and joey and chandler...

and i've fallen into yet another slumber.

A/N- bobbi has PTSD (no more anorexia)

bobbi morse- adrianne palicki

lance hunter- nick blood

jocelyn lowenstein- troian bellisario