Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I take a step backwards and close my car door over. I don't take my eyes off of them. I could just push past them and run into my flat but I probably wouldn't get very far. "Never turn you're back on your enemy" something me sister would say to me when I was younger. She always told me to stand my ground and I always have done. If trouble comes my way I always stood my ground and it looks like I'm going to have to do it again. 

Even though I'm scared. 

"What do you want?" I say, trying my hardest to keep my voice strong.

"Just came to say hi, haven't seen you in a while" Ashleigh's sister says, smirk firmly in place.

I don't know what to do, even what to say. All I can do is stand here and let the fear run through me. I've been beating up so many times by her sister and I know how rough she is. Its not something I want to happen again but I know I'm probably only a matter of minutes away from fighting. I thought when I left Newcastle behind that I wouldn't ever be in a fight again. I didn't like fighting, I didn't like gettin hurt.

"You not going to say hi back?" She taunts "I see you haven't picked up any manners down here then"

"I don't know how many times I have to apoligise for what I done to you Ashleigh, I'll be sorry for the rest of me life. I made a stupid mistake and I'm sorry that I hurt you" I say speaking up but I'm quickly silenced again as her sister starts to speak.

"I don't care how sorry you are, you could have killed my sister..." 

"I don't know what else to say, I was young and I was stupid"  I tell her, the same thing ive told her everytime she has beat me up. 

"There isn't anything you can say, Nothing you say will ever make this okay" 

"Look if you're gonna f*cking kick me head in then do it and leave me alone" I answer her, my voice raised but it was shaky and I knew I was doing well not to break in front of them. I had to stay strong.

"I'm in no hurry" She says simply, crossing her arms and leaning back against the car. Ashleigh is just stood there, not saying a word. I can tell she doesn't want to be here, She is trying to be like her sister and be strong and fight back and I have no doubt that if her sister starts on me, Ashleigh will join in, but just by looking at her I can see right past her, I can still see the quiet girl she was. She was here because her sister had no doubt drummed it into her that she had to get revenge.

"You on the other hand look like you are...." She stops mid sentence when she hears a noise behind her. I look past them and see Kimberley coming out of the flat.

"Cheryl are you okay?" She asks stepping outside the door.

"Yeah Kimberley, go back inside" I warn her but I think she recognises Ashleigh and I think she can tell that I'm in trouble, but she doesn't turn back instead she starts walking towards me.

"Kimberley please go back inside" I beg, the last thing I want to happen is Kimberley to get hurt too, but she ignores my warning with a shake of the head and keeps walking. I see confidence in her that I've never seen before. She doesn't look scared at all and if she is she is hiding it pretty well. Ashleigh turns and then her sister does and I take that as my oppurtuntiy and I run right through the middle of them and grab Kimberleys arm pulling her towards the flat with me. I let her through the door first and I've almost got myself in when I feel a blow to the back of my head but I still manage to get through and close the door. 

"Are you okay?" Kimberley asks and I can only nod.

I'm shaking as Kimberley leads me up to my flat and as soon as we are in she locks the door behind me.

"What happened?" She asks as soon as she turns round.

"They were just there when I got out me car" I said, my voice shaking, a few tears escaping my eyes.

"What do they want?" 

"Revenge!" 

"Haven't they had enough of that?" 

"Clearly not" I sigh as I take a seat on the sofa, holding my hands to the back of my head were she managed to hit me.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" Kimberley asks, taking a seat beside me.

"It could have been worse, if you hadn't come out when you did, I'd probably be on the way to the hospital"

"I heard voices outside and when I looked out I saw you, I didn't know who the others were, I thought they were friends at first, but I thought I'd come out anyway" she says.

"You should have stayed inside, they could have hurt you" I tell her, glad that she did come out when she did, but still I didn't want her involved.

"I couldn't have walked away, even if I wanted to, when I recognised that girl I knew you were in trouble and I didn't want them to hurt you"

"I'm glad you came out but I didn't want you involved, this is my mess" I sigh, moving my hand when I feel kimberley's touch the back of my head. She gently massages my head and I instantly feel better for it. I turn my head round and capture her lips, kissing her softly.

"You have helped me out so much and I just want you to know that I got your back too, I stopped fighting back becuase I didn't care, but that's changed, I'd walk out there again if it meant you wouldn't get hurt" she smiles into my lips and I can feel more tears in my eyes, I soon forget all about the pain in my head as she kisses me once more, Pushing me back onto the sofa, lying down on top of me, looking straight into my eyes.

"I love you" She whispers quietly, so quietly that if her face wasn't so close to mine I might not have heard it.

"You do?" I ask and she nods and I smile back at her.

"I love you too" I reply, bringing my hands tot he back of her head and pull her back down into me, kissing her once more as I let my hands wander down her back and rest on her bum.

She moaned gently into my mouth as I moved my hands round slowly, gaging her reaction as I moved my hand to the top of her trousers.

Hearing the moan it recieved, I took it as my que to carry on.

.....

A few hours later we were both lying on the sofa breathless. 

"Wow" She smile 

"Wow" I reply.

"I love you" She says turning in my arms and pulls the blanket down over the both of us as she cuddles in to me.

"I love you too" I smile, Hearing her say that send goosebumps through me. "I love you" I whisper again as we both drifted off to sleep.